Learn to implement a hybrid cloud solution with Google Cloud by using NetApp® Cloud Volumes ONTAP® and how to connect a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and an on-premises data center to unify your infrastructure
Use NetApp Blue XP to move data and manage storage in the hybrid cloud and lean how NetApp cloud services integrate into Blue XP to provide enhanced data protection, security and compliance.
Learn to optimize capacity and performance of Cloud Volumes ONTAP.
Previous knowledge of Google Cloud and cloud computing concepts including: subscriptions, VPC, virtual machines
(VMs), Google Cloud buckets, Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR), and Network address translation (NAT).
Additionally, attendance on the following 1 day course..
IHCF - Integrating Hybrid Clouds Foundation
Delegates will learn how to
• Create a VPN connection between a public cloud network VPC and the on-premises data center
• Deploy a connector in the public cloud
• Deploy Cloud Volumes ONTAP in both a single-node and high-availability (HA) configuration
• Use NetApp BlueXP to administer NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
• Review data protection options of NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
• Analyze data tiering option from on-premises to cloud
Module 1: Google Cloud Essential Concepts
• Google Cloud networking and other concepts
• Terraform introduction
• Controlling Cloud Resources with CLI
• Controlling NetApp ONTAP (On-Premises) Resources with NetApp PowerShell Toolkit
• Configuring Resources in Google Cloud Using Terraform
• Reviewing Resources Using Google Cloud Console
• Verifying Connectivity to the VMs
Module 2: Network Connectivity Options in Google Cloud
• Google Cloud virtual public cloud connectivity to an on-premises network
• Connecting Google Cloud VPC to an On-Premises Network
• Configuring On-Premises DNS for Google Cloud (Optional)
• Joining a Google Cloud VM to Active Directory in On-Premises Environment (Optional)
Module 3: Deploying a Connector
• Connector review
• Deploying a Connector
Module 4: NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
• Cloud Volumes ONTAP use cases
• Cloud Volumes ONTAP architecture
• Deploying Cloud Volumes ONTAP
• Cloud Volumes ONTAP supported features
• Deploying a Single-Node Cloud Volumes ONTAP Instance with NFS
• Creating an SMB volume and accessing it from an SMB Client
• Deploying a Cloud Volumes ONTAP HA Pair
• Performing Failover and Failback of the HA Pair of Nodes
Module 5: Administration
• Provisioning storage review
• Using BlueXP for Basic Administration of Cloud Volumes ONTAP
• Administering BlueXP with RBAC
Module 6: Protection
• Backup, Archive and Disaster Recovery
• Ransomware Protection
• Using Snapshot Protection
• Configuring and Managing Disaster Recovery in the Data Fabric
Module 7: Tiering
• Data tiering from on-premises to Google Cloud
• Tiering Data to Google Cloud Storage
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.