In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here. If you attend a virtual event, Red Hat will email you directly a Connectivity Test link one week before the course starts to ensure you have the correct access for the training.
Learn how to automate administration on Windows Server to enable your DevOps workflow
Microsoft Windows Automation with Red Hat Ansible (DO417) is designed for Windows Server professionals without previous Ansible® experience. You will use Ansible to write automation playbooks for Microsoft Windows systems to perform common system administration tasks reproducibly at scale. You will also learn to use Red Hat® Ansible Tower to securely manage and run your Ansible playbooks from a central web-based user interface.
This course is based on Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.8, Red Hat Ansible Tower 3.5, and Windows Server 2016 and 2019.
Windows Server administrators interested in automating management tasks and in using automation tools to implement their DevOps workflow.
- Configure Microsoft Windows systems to be managed with Ansible.
- Create and manage inventories of managed hosts and provide credentials to manage them to Red Hat Ansible Tower.
- Write Ansible playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
- Run individual ad hoc automation tasks and complex playbooks from Red Hat Ansible Tower.
- Create survey forms in Red Hat Ansible Tower to simplify playbook operation.
- Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts.
- Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
- Leverage existing PowerShell DSC code to extend the power of Ansible automation.
- Automate common Windows Server system administration tasks using Ansible.
You are expected to have experience as Windows Server administrators, but no previous experience with Red Hat Ansible Automation or Linux® is required.
Delegates will learn how to
You will write and run Windows automation tasks using Red Hat Ansible Automation in a Windows environment. You will perform common administrative tasks, write Ansible projects from your Windows workstation, store the history of all changes in a Git-based version control system, and run and troubleshoot those tasks from the web interface of Red Hat Ansible Tower.
Impact on the organization
Effective use of Red Hat Ansible Automation for the Windows IT infrastructure helps improve operational agility while ensuring necessary security, consistency, and repeatability of management operations. In conjunction with training on Linux and network automation from Red Hat, cross-platform automation solutions managed from a single pane of glass become feasible.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
- Introduction to Red Hat Ansible Automation
- Run simple automation commands
- Implement Ansible playbooks
- Manage variables and facts
- Install and update software
- Implement task control
- Deploy files to managed hosts
- Interact with users and domains
- Automate Windows automation tasks
- Manage large projects
- Construct Ansible Tower workflows