This course uses Microsoft Excel for Windows. It is not suitable for Excel for MAC. Courses for MAC users are available on request.
For Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
This is the first of a two part series of courses examining the data tools and features found in Microsoft Excel 2016 Professional and Pro Plus*.
The course is designed to examine a combination of new and revised features which are available to help you work with data in Microsoft Excel 2016. Features covered range from data importing to analysis leading to subsequent output in Excel. Analysis and outputs include data and graphical tools available in Microsoft Excel 2016.
*Some of the tools and features are only available in Microsoft Excel 2016 and include add-ins. This course is not suitable for anyone using Microsoft Excel Standard, Home or Student Editions.
Anyone who needs to work with Excel in order to connect to, arrange, prepare, process, analyse and display data in order to produce suitable output and views of data for use at all levels within an organisation.
It is assumed that the attendees on the course have existing Excel skills which at the very minimum meet the prerequisites listed.
- Please note that this course is not suitable for new Excel users
- An understanding of basic data concepts
- Ability to create, format and save worksheets and workbooks
- Be able to create formulas using standard aggregate function
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Import data into Excel 2016
- Create connections to external data sources
- Use Workbook Analysis
- Utilise new Excel 2016 features to analyse data
- Present external and Excel based organisational data using a combination of graphical and data views
Lesson 1: Getting the Data to your Workbook
- Import or Connection
- Data from other Excel Sources
- Retrieving Data from other Applications
- Using Web Based Data
Lesson 2: Preparing Data for Analysis
- Data Cleansing and Manipulation Tools
- Introduction to Data Tables
- Creating Data Models and Data Relationships
- Workbook Analysis with Inquire
Lesson 3: Using Data Tables, Slicers and Functions
- Use Data Table and Slicers
- Analysis with Excel Functions and Data Validation
Lesson 4: Working with Data Visually
- Quick Data Analysis
- Conditional Formatting
- Visualise Trends with Sparklines
- Using Charts, Exploring Chart Types and Options
- Lines, Up/Down Bars, Error Bars and Trendlines
- Create a Forecast Sheet
Lesson 5: PivotCharts
- Introduction to PivotTable Principles
- Create PivotCharts from a Table
- Creating Decoupled PivotCharts from a Connection or Data Model
- Filtering the Data using Slicers and Timelines
Lesson 6: Power View Reports
- Creating Power View Reports
- Using Tables, Cards and Matrices
- Charting in Power View Reports
- Mapping Geo-Data