This 5-day course will empower learners to be able to administer Dynamics 365 through the Microsoft Power Platform and customise the Customer Engagement platform of Dynamics 365. After the course delegates, with some additional study, will be ready to take the Microsoft PL-200 exam Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant.
Working Knowledge of Dynamics 365.
Instructors will demonstrate features throughout the event. Optional Lab exercises are available for learners to complete within a learner-created free trial tenancy. Microsoft may require a valid credit card to create 30 day free tenancies which must be cancelled within 30 days to avoid incurring charges. QA have no control over the Microsoft 365 trial tenancy signup or billing process.
- Model-Driven Apps
- Lab A – Investigating the Unified Interface
- Default & Dataverse Default Solutions
- Create a New Solutions & Publishers
- Exporting and Importing Solutions
- Lab A – Configuring the Power Platform Environment
- Lab B – Create a Publisher and Solution
- Adding Users to Microsoft Dynamics 365
- User Licensing in Dynamics 365
- Lab A – Adding Users
- Business Unit Hierarchy
- How to Create & Modify Business Units
- Lab A – Creating Business Unit Structure
- Relationship between Security Roles and Business Units
- Special Roles
- Privileges and Access Levels
- Miscellaneous Privileges
- Create and Copy Roles
- Lab A – Configuring Security Roles
- Team Types
- Creating a Team
- Migrating Users/Teams between Business Units
- How to reassign Users to different Business Units
- Lab A – Managing and Creating Teams
- Server-Side Synchronisation
- Configuring Server-Side Synchronisation
- Email Server Profiles
- Configuring Mailbox Records
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
- Folder Tracking
- Lab A – Configuring Email Integration
- Lab B – Configuring Outlook Integration
- Integration with SharePoint
- Security: Permissions
- Lab A – SharePoint Integration
- Integrate with OneDrive
- Permission: Security
- OneNote Integration
- Working with Microsoft Teams
- Lab B – Integrating with Microsoft Teams
- App Designer
- Lab 5 – Create a Model-Driven App
- Creating and modifying tables
- Lab A – Creating Custom Tables
- Columns and their Display Formats
- Deleting Columns from a Table
- Lab A – Creating Additional Columns for the Public Event & Event Booking Tables
- Calculated Columns
- Lab B – Creating a Calculated Column
- Lab C – Creating a Rollup Column (if time permits)
- Relationship Types
- Lab A – Create and Modify a 1: N Relationship
- Lab B – Create a N:N Relationship
- Lab C – Creating Hierarchical Relationships
- Column Mappings in Dynamics 365
- Connections and Connection Roles
- Create a Connection
- Lab D – Connecting Records (if time permits)
- Quick Create Forms
- Lab A – Create a Quick Create Form
- Main Form Customisations
- Lab B – Form Customisation
- Lab C – Adding Quick View Form Data to a Child Table Form
- Lab D – Securing an Additional Form
- Creating Business Rules
- Activating & Using Business Rules
- Lab A – Create a Business Rule
- Creating Views
- Modifying System Views
- Lab A – Modify the Quick Find View & Create a New Public View
- Chart Structure
- Lab A – Create a Custom Chart
- Creating Standard Dashboards
- Creating Interactive Sashboards
- Lab A – Create a System Standard Dashboard
- Lab B – Creating an Interactive Experience Dashboard
- Introducing Column Level Security
- Lab A – Configure Column Security
- Enabling Auditing
- Lab B – Enable Auditing & View Audit Records
- Creating and Activating Microsoft Cloud Flows
- Lab A – Create Flow
- Creating Business Process Flow
- Securing Business Process Flow
- Lab B – Create a Business Process Flow
- Solution Management
- Solution Patching
- Lab A – Solution Patching
- When to use a Managed or Unmanaged Solution
- Lab B – Import a Managed Solution
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.