This 5-day course will empower learners to be able to administer Dynamics 365 through the Microsoft Power Platform and customise the Customer Engagement platform of Dynamics 365. After the course delegates, with some additional study, will be ready to take the Microsoft PL-200 exam Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant.
Working Knowledge of Dynamics 365.
Mastering Dynamics 365 Administration:
Module 1 – Introduction to the Power Platform
- Platform environment overview
- Portals used to configure
- Creating environments
- Backing up environments
- Adding solutions to environments
- Lab A – Creating a Practice environment
Module 2 – Security Model: Business Units
- Security features in Dynamics
- Business Unit Structure
- Modifying Business Units
- Enable/Disable Business Units
- Lab A – Creating Business Unit Structure
Module 2 –Security Model: Security Roles
- Security Roles
- Privileges and Access Levels
- Create and Copy Roles
- Lab A- Configuring Security Roles
Module 3 –Security Model: User Management and Teams
- Adding Users in Dynamics 365
- Lab A – Adding Users
- Team Management
- Default Teams
- Creating Teams
- Lab B – Managing and Creating Teams
Module 5 –Security Model: Manager Security
- Manager Hierarchy
- Position Hierarchy
- Lab A – Create a Manager Hierarchy
Module 6 – Configure Email Services
- Server-Side Synchronisation
- Forward Mailbox
- Configuring Server-Side Synchronisation
- Default Organisation Settings
- Configuring Mailbox Records
- Microsoft Outlook Email Client Options
- Folder Tracking
- Lab A – Configuring Server-Side Synchronisation
Module 7 – Integrating with Outlook
- Overview of the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
- Deploying the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
- Using the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
- Lab A – Deploy and Use the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
Module 7 – Integrating with other Office 365 Offerings
- Integration with SharePoint
- Configure and Enable SharePoint integration
- Enable Document Management Settings
- Lab A – Enable and work with SharePoint Integration
- Integrate with OneDrive
- OneNote Integration
- Office 365 Groups
Mastering Dynamics 365 Customisation:
Module 1 – The Unified Interface
- Capabilities of the Unified Interface
- Dashboards & Charts
- Enhanced User Experience
- Model-Driven apps
- Rich Controls
- Lab A- Investigating the Unified Interface.
Module 2 – Introduction to Dynamics 365 Customisation
- CDS and CDM Overview
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Solution Strategy
- Default & Common Data Services Default Solutions
- Creating a new solution
- Creating a Publisher
- Managed or Unmanaged Solutions?
- Exporting and Importing Solutions
- Overview of Entity Customisations
- Lab A – Create the Power Platform Environment
- Lab B – Create a Publisher and Solution
Module 3 – Model-Driven Apps
- What are Model-Driven Apps?
- Creating Model-Driven Apps
- Lab A – Create a Model-Driven App
Module 4 – Customisation of Entities
- Entity Types
- Creating Custom Entities
- Entity Ownership
- Entity Properties
- Rename & Deleting Entities
- Entity Properties
- Lab A – Creating Custom Entities
Module 5 – Creating and Customising Fields
- Fields and Data Types
- Fields and their display formats
- Deleting field form an Entity
- Lab A – Creating Additional field for the Event and Event Booking Entities
- Calculated Fields
- Lab B- Creating a Calculated Field
- Rollup Fields
- Lab C – Creating a Rollup Field (do at home)
Module 6 – Establishing Relationships
- Relationship Types
- Create Entity Relationships
- Lab A – Create and Modify a 1:N Relationship
- N:N Relationships
- Native N:N Relationships
- Manual N:N Relationships
- Lab B – Create a N:N Relationship
- Hierarchical Relationships
- Lab C – Creating Hierarchical Relationships
- Field Mapping in Dynamics 365
- Connections and Connection Roles
- Lab D – Connecting Records (if time permits)
Module 7 – Form Customisation
- Quick Create Forms
- Lab A – Create a Quick Create Form
- Main Forms
- Lab B – Form Customisations
- Quick View Forms
- Lab C – Adding Quick View Form Data to a Child Entity Form
- Securing Multiple Forms
- Lab D – Securing an Additional Form
Module 8 – Introduction to Business Rules
- Configuring Business Rules
- Create Business Rules
- Lab A – Create a Business Rule
Module 9 – Creating, Maintaining and Customising Views
- Types of Views
- Assembling a View
- Removing unwanted Views
- Lab A – Modify the Quick Find View
- Lab B – Create a New Public View
Module 10 – Chart Customisation
- Chart Structure
- System & Personal Charts
- Chart Types and Options
- Lab A – Create a Custom Chart
- Export and Import Charts
- Advanced Charting
- Modifying Charts
- Lab B – Modifying Chart XML
Module 11– Dashboards
- Creating System and Personal Standard Dashboards
- Lab A – Create a System Standard Dashboard
- Creating Interactive Dashboards
- Lab B – Creating and Interactive Experience Dashboard
Module 12 – Additional Security Features
- Field Level Security
- Lab A – Configure Field Security
- Lab B – Enable Auditing and View Audit Records
Module 13 – Creating Processes
- Introduction to Microsoft Automate
- Creating a Flow
- Lab A – Creating a Flow
- Creating Business Process Flow
- Edit or Modifying the Business Process Flow
- Control Access to Business Process Flow
- Lab B – Create a Business Process Flow
Module 14 – Working with Solutions
- Managed vs Unmanaged Solutions
- Managed Properties
- Lab A – Import a Managed Solution
Module 22 – Do it Yourself!
- Real World Steps
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.