This course will look at the cause of conflict and where people's motivational factors can create barriers to successful outcomes. Determining helpful and healthy resolution strategies when in difficult circumstances will ensure that you will contribute to a positive outcome and enhance people's perception of you as a person in control.
Being in a situation where conflict of a personal or business nature arises can be an uncomfortable experience for most. Having the knowledge and tools to feel able to control yourself and the situation can reduce stress and improve outcomes.
Anyone who has to deal with or is involved with conflict and wants to identify possible resolution strategies will benefit from this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand why people are motivated to do the things they do
- learn what motivates you and others
- see how you may be perceived by others with differing motivations
- identify the key causes of conflict
- explore methods to build trust and respect with colleagues
- develop strategies to deal with conflict before it escalates
- use a recommended framework for structuring difficult conversations.
- Understanding behaviour using the Strength Deployment Inventory.
- Stages of conflict.
- Strategies for minimising or reducing conflict.
- Approaches to conflict resolution.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Tackling difficult situations and conversations.