The Marketing Cloud Connect Essentials course is designed to give you in-depth knowledge of the functionality available when you connect your Salesforce org to your Marketing Cloud account. In this interactive course, you will gain hands-on experience connecting the Clouds, personalizing your emails by leveraging your Salesforce CRM data from the Sales / Service Clouds, sending emails to a Contact / Lead, Report, or Campaign, synchronizing your Salesforce CRM data in the Marketing Cloud, segmenting your data to send targeted and relevant emails, creating 1:1 journeys based on your Salesforce CRM data, and tracking and reporting capabilities in the Marketing Cloud and Sales / Service Clouds.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for:
• Customers who will be connecting their Salesforce org to the Marketing
Cloud using Marketing Cloud Connect.
• The email digital marketer who will manage the email channel for their
organization and who needs to know how to best leverage their Saleforce
• The Salesforce Administrator who is responsible for supporting users when
Marketing Cloud Connect is installed.
Delegates will learn how to
• Explain Marketing Cloud Connect.
• Connect a Marketing Cloud account to a Salesforce org.
• Create individualized content blocks to leverage Salesforce CRM data using personalization strings and dynamic content.
• Create an email in Content Builder.
• Utilize the various sending methods to send to a Lead, Contact, Report, or Campaign in the Marketing Cloud and Sales/Service Clouds.
• Automate the sending of emails using a Triggered Email, Automation Studio, and Journey Builder.
• Configure Synchronized CRM Sources to bring CRM data into the Marketing Cloud.
• Segment data using Reports, Filter Activity, and Query Activity.
• Create journeys using Salesforce Activities in Journey Builder.
• Review tracking data in the Marketing Cloud and Sales / Service Clouds.
• Create analytics reports in the Marketing Cloud.
• Create and customize Marketing Cloud reports in a Sales / Service Clouds.
• Create a dashboard based on Marketing Cloud reports.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Overview
• Overview of the Customer Success Platform
• Overview of the Marketing Cloud
Marketing Cloud Connect
• Marketing Cloud Connect Overview
• Review of various ways to connect the Clouds
Connecting the Clouds
• Review of steps to connect the Clouds
• Review of the pre-requisites for Marketing Cloud Connect
• Review of Salesforce terminology
• Connect a Marketing Cloud account to a Salesforce org
• Review of pre-work
Personalized Digital Maketing
• Review of what functionality can be accomplished in each cloud
• Create a personalized email leveraging Salesforce CRM data using Content Builder
• How to use Testing Tools
• How to manually send a Marketing Cloud Email to a Lead/
Contact, Report, and Campaign
• How to automate the sending of an email via a Triggered Email,
Automation Studio, and Journey Builder
• Understand what happens when an email is sent
• Understand subscriber statuses
Synchronized CRM Data
• Explain how and why to bring Salesforce CRM data into the
• How to synchronized data sources in Contact Builder
• How to create segments using Filters and the Query Activity
• How to create a Salesforce Data Extension for sending
• How to create a journey using synchronized data sources
• How to test a journey
• Explain each of the Sales and Service Cloud Activites
• How to create a journey using Sales and Service Cloud Activities
Tracking and Reporting
• Understand the tracking data available in the Marketing Cloud
• How to create and automate tracking reports in the Marketing
• Understand the tracking data available in the Sales / Service
• How to create and customize Marketing Cloud reports in the
Sales / Service Cloud
• How to create a dashboard for Marketing Cloud tracking reports
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.