The Implementing Cisco Catalyst 9000 Switches (ENC9K) v3.0 course introduces you to the architecture, capabilities, and implementation of the Cisco® Catalyst® 9000 switching platform. This hands-on course covers many features of this Cisco IOS® XE platform and describes how to manage devices from a single dashboard called Cisco DNA Center™. You will learn how to use the Cisco Catalyst 9000 family of switches to enable Software Defined Access (SD-Access) and provide end-to-end security and automation with centralized management using Cisco DNA Center.
How you'll benefit
This course will help you:
- Prepare for successful deployment of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Understand the role of Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches in the SD-Access fabric
- Learn to provision Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches using Cisco DNA center as the orchestration platform
- Gain hands-on practice through in-depth lab exercises
You are expected to have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Cisco CCNP® certification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of configuring LAN routing and switching with Cisco Catalyst switches
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS XE operating system
- Familiarity with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Familiarity with using network management software
- Familiarity with Cisco Intent-based networking and policy-based management automation technologies
The following Cisco offerings can help you prepare for this course:
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Review the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches identify the switches’ features and examine the functionalities purpose-built for Cisco DNA and the SD-Access solution.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, components including power supplies, and other switch features and capabilities.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, and components, including power supplies and stacking cables.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches, different modular chassis, supervisor and line card options, architectural components, uplink, and power redundancy, and Multigigabit ports
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches, model types, switch components, RFID support, architecture, and switch profiles.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switch architecture, supervisor and line card options, and high availability features.
- Position the different Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch model types in the network, and map older Cisco Catalyst switches to the 9000 family for migration.
- Examine management capabilities of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches deployed in a Cisco StackWise Virtual environment and an SD-Access fabric.
- Describe the new Cisco IOS XE software management, patchability, and Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR) features on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent using the Docker environment on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series switches.
- Describe the scalability and performance features supported by the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch support for security, Quality of Service (QoS), and Internet of Things (IoT) convergence features.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series support for cloud hosting and connectivity, along with automation features.
- Explore the SD-Access solution fundamentals, deployment models for the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch, and the use of Cisco DNA Center to manage infrastructure devices.
- Introducing the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches
- Introducing Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches
- Positioning Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Examining the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches Management Capabilities
- Describing New Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Scale and Performance Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Security, QoS, and IoT Convergence Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Cloud and Automation Features on Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Describing Cisco SD-Access Solution and Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.