This course provides information and hands-on exercises for management of HPE SimpliVity. It also includes information and hands-on exercises for using HPE SimpliVity RapidDR software that simplifies and accelerates offsite disaster recovery through automation. The course covers a range of administration actions executed on HPE SimpliVity system with the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for VMware vSphere® and the RapidDR user interface.
HPE recommends that students attend the following courses or attain the following levels of experience before taking this class:
- Networking technologies
- VMware vSphere 6
- HPE ProLiant Servers
Delegates will learn how to
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
Module 1 – Introduction to HPE SimpliVity:
• HPE SimpliVity’s HyperGuarantee
• Business reasons for using HPE SimpliVity
• Core features built into the SimpliVity solution via the Data Virtualization Platform
• HPE SimpliVity use cases and the shift to Intelligent HCI
Module 2—HPE SimpliVity Architecture
• Deep understanding of the HPE SimpliVity Data Virtualization Platform
• Elements within an HPE SimpliVity Federation
• Basic concepts of a datacenter and cluster within the SimpliVity Federation
• Levels of resiliency built into the SimpliVity solution
• VM data locality in the HPE SimpliVity Federation
Module 3 – HPE SimpliVity Portfolio:
• Categorization of the various HPE SimpliVity hardware models and their supported configurations
• Tracing the read/write IO paths for different HPE SimpliVity models
• Explanation of how the tiered storage implementation works
• Different networks that are used in HPE SimpliVity Federation
• Generic sizing guidelines for HPE SimpliVity
Module 4 – Working with HPE SimpliVity:
• HPE SimpliVity management interfaces (GUI, CLI and REST API)
• HPE SimpliVity Datastores and the operations permitted
• Configuration required for access nodes
• Performing HPE SimpliVity backups
• Creating HPE SimpliVity backup policies
• Managing and monitoring virtual machines in a SimpliVity Federation
• Performing restores using HPE SimpliVity backups
• File level restores
• Backups on external stores for restore operations
• Using HPE SimpliVity RapidDR
Module 5—HPE SimpliVity Maintenance:
• Maintaining HPE SimpliVity hosts and Virtual Controllers
• HPE SimpliVity alarms and events in VMware vCenter®
• Procedure to create an HPE SimpliVity support capture
• Reports that are available through HPE InfoSight for SimpliVity
• How to contact HPE support and find relevant documentation
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.