Whether you are an Architect, Developer, Pen Tester, Security or DevOps Engineer, or anyone with a need to understand and manage cloud security vulnerabilities, specifically in a Cloud and Cloud Native environment, understanding relevant hacking techniques, and knowing how to protect yourself from them is critical. Offensive Cloud Hacking, covers both the theory as well as the practical through a number of modern techniques that may be used to compromise various Cloud services and infrastructure.
Learners will be provided with numerous cloud security scripts and tools (some public and some NotSoPublic) will also be provided during the training, along with the student handouts. The course also comes with detailed answer sheets. That is a step by step walkthrough of how every exercise within the class needs to be solved. These answer sheets are also provided to students at the end of the class.
Who Should take this course;
Cloud Administrators, Developers, Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, SOC Analysts, Penetration Testers, Network Engineers, security professionals and enthusiasts and anyone who wants to take their offensive cloud hacking skills to the next level.
Prior pen test / security experience is not a strict requirement, however, some knowledge of Cloud Services and familiarity with common command-line syntax will be beneficial.
Uncover and harden your organisation’s cloud attack surface by building a team that can test, identify, and guide developers to remediate – and further avoid – the emergence of cloud-based vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
Trained delegates can:
- Perform testing to identify and safely exploit complex vulnerabilities and security misconfigurations in AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Design this testing around real-world attacker behaviour and tooling, making it relevant to the threats facing your organisation
- Identify the attack surface exposure created by cloud-based services such as virtual machines (VMs), buckets, container as a service (CaaS) platforms, and serverless functions
- Exploit, defend, and audit containerisation environments
- Collaboratively plan cloud defence strategies that include patching, asset inventory management, and other security controls
- Recommend and help implement cloud-based attack detection and response tactics
- Understand the business impact of cloud misconfigurations and vulnerabilities, and articulate this to key stakeholders
- Contribute to a secure cloud roadmap by understanding the balance between cloud growth and risk and the implications of different cloud architecture models
- Take on greater responsibility in the team and become an advocate of security in the wider business
- Introduction to cloud and why cloud security matters
- Comparison with conventional security models
- Shared responsibility model
- Legalities around Cloud Pentesting
- DNS based enumeration
- OSINT techniques for cloud-based asset
- Serverless based attacks (AWS Lambda / Azure & Google functions)
- Web application Attacks
- Exposed Service ports
- Storage Attacks
- Azure AD Attacks
- Containers and Kubernetes Clusters
- IAM Misconfiguration Attacks
- Roles and permissions-based attacks
- Attacking Cognito misconfigurations
- Persistence in Cloud
- Post exploit enumeration
- Snapshot access
- Backdooring the account
- Preparing for the audit
- Automated auditing via tools
- Golden Image / Docker image audits
- Relevant Benchmarks for cloud
- Inventory Extraction for AWS, Azure and GCP
- Continuous inventory management
- Principle of least privilege
- Control Plane and Data Plane Protection
- Financial Protections
- Metadata API Protection
- Cloud specific Protections
- Windows / Linux IaaS auditing
- Setting up Monitoring and logging of the environment
- Identifying attack patterns from logs
- Monitoring in multi-cloud environment
- Automated Defence techniques
- Cloud Defence Utilities
- Validation of Setup
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Cyber Security for Cloud learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security for Cloud? Click on the role below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.