The Palo Alto Networks Firewall 11.0 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210) course is five days of instructor-led training that will help you to:
- Configure and manage the essential features of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls
- Configure and manage Security and NAT policies to enable approved traffic to and from zones
- Configure and manage Threat Prevention strategies to block traffic from known and unknown IP addresses, domains, and URLs
- Monitor network traffic using the interactive web interface and firewall reports
***A PCNSA Exam voucher will be included with your boking until 1st November 2023. After this date the exam will be need to be purchased separately***
Exclusive to Fast Lane:
** Attend this course with Fast Lane and benefit from an additional week of lab access following the course FREE of charge! **
Additional Palo Alto Labs and extended lab hours after the course
- 2 Palo Alto Networks Firewalls for High Availability Solutions
- Global Protect Remote Access VPN Lab
- Site-to-Site VPN Lab
- Destination NAT Lab
- Captive Portal & User-ID Lab
- Optional Lab for Expedition Tool (BPA)
Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP addressing. Students also should be familiar with basic security concepts. Experience with other security technologies (IPS, proxy, and content filtering) is a plus.
Delegates will learn how to
Successful completion of this five-day, instructor-led course should enhance the student’s understanding of how to configure and manage Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. The student should learn and get hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring a firewall in a lab environment.
- 1 - Palo Alto Networks Portfolio and Architecture
- 2 - Configuring Initial Firewall Settings
- 3 - Managing Firewall Configurations
- 4 - Managing Firewall Administrator Accounts
- 5 - Connecting the Firewall to Production Networks with Security Zones
- 6 - Creating and Managing Security Policy Rules
- 7 - Creating and Managing NAT Policy Rules
- 8 - Controlling Application Usage with App-ID
- 9 - Blocking Known Threats Using Security Profiles
- 10 - Blocking Inappropriate Web Traffic with URL Filtering
- 11 - Blocking Unknown Threats with Wildfire
- 12 - Controlling Access to Network Resources with User-ID
- 13 - Using Decryption to Block Threats in Encrypted Traffic
- 14 - Locating Valuable Information Using Logs and Reports
- 15 - What's Next in Your Training and Certification Journey
- Supplemental Materials
- Securing Endpoints with GlobalProtect
- Providing Firewall Redundancy with High Availability
- Connecting Remotes Sites using VPNs
- Blocking Common Attacks Using Zone Protection
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.