Course Description: A 3-day training course intended to help organisations to improve their HSE performance through the award-winning Hearts and Minds toolkit. Facilitated by two of the Hearts and Minds toolkit developers, the course will:
- teach the fundamentals of safety culture change, focusing on the various stages of a culture change programme, from design to implementation and review.
- provide an overview of the Hearts and Minds toolkit and allow delegates to get to grips with facilitating a selection of Hearts and Minds tools.
- allow delegates to learn from some of the leading experts in safety culture change
Delegates will learn how to
- have an understanding of culture programme theory, planning and implementation
- have an appreciation of the Hearts and Minds 'ethos', and be able to lead Hearts and Minds workshops in your own organisation.
- have an understanding of the different Hearts and Minds tools and their use
- be able to produce a bespoke plan for implementing cultural change in your organisation
Day One 09:30-17:30: Raising awareness
- Introduction to safety culture change.
- Raising awareness and getting manager buy-in.
- Leadership engagement in culture change
- Recruiting champions/ the project team and developing a bespoke plan for cultural change.
Day Two 09:30-17:30: Preparation and implementation
- Guided run-through of the Understanding Your Culture tool.
- An overview of the Hearts and Minds tools.
- Choosing the right Hearts and Minds tools to use.
Day Three 09:30-17:30: Implementation and review
- Guided run-through of the Managing Rule Breaking tool.
- Guided run-through of the Improving Supervision tool.
- Sustaining a change programme.
- Monitoring and reviewing the results.
- Exam and question and answer session
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.