This course is designed for people who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, and/or such tools may not be accessible. Organisations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customised reports. SAP Crystal Reports enhances report building and report processing techniques with a wealth of features that add value to your presentation. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying its presentation.
Delegates may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
Please note: This course is suitable for users of the following versions of Crystal Reports: v11, 2008, 2011, 2013 and 2016.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows, organise folders and files
- Work with Windows - Minimise, Maximise, Open, Close
- A basic understanding of database principles, including: relationships between tables; joins and primary keys; experience of using data manipulation software, such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel
- Prior knowledge of SQL is desirable, but not essential
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method
Delegates will learn how to
- Explore the Crystal Reports interface
- Create a basic report and modify it
- Use formulas to calculate and filter data
- Build a parameterised report
- Group report data
- Enhance a report
- Create a report using data sourced from an Excel database
- Distribute data
Lesson 1: Exploring the SAP Crystal Reports Interface
- Topic 1A: Explore Crystal Reports
- Topic 1B: Use Crystal Reports Help
- Topic 1C: Customise the Report Settings
Lesson 2: Working with Reports
- Topic 2A: Create a Report
- Topic 2B: Modify a Report
- Topic 2C: Display Specific Report Data
- Topic 2D: Work with Report Sections
Lesson 3: Using Formulas in Reports
- Topic 3A: Create a Formula
- Topic 3B: Edit a Formula
- Topic 3C: Filter Data Using a Formula
- Topic 3D: Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Topic 3E: Handle Null Values
Lesson 4: Building Parameterised Reports
- Topic 4A: Create a Parameter Field
- Topic 4B: Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Topic 4C: Create a Prompt
Lesson 5: Grouping Report Data
- Topic 5A: Group Report Data
- Topic 5B: Modify a Group Report
- Topic 5C: Group by Using Parameters
- Topic 5D: Create a Parameterised Top N Report
Lesson 6: Enhancing a Report
- Topic 6A: Format a Report
- Topic 6B: Insert Objects in a Report
- Topic 6C: Suppress Report Sections
- Topic 6D: Use Report Templates
Lesson 7: Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Topic 7A: Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Topic 7B: Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Topic 7C: Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
Lesson 8: Distributing Data
- Topic 8A: Export Data
- Topic 8B: Create Mailing Labels
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.