This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Cloud+ (Exam CV0-003) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of cloud management. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your cloud sysadmin skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any cloud administrator role.
Please note: Practical labs in this course are given using both AWS and Microsoft azure which makes this course an excellent choice if your organisation is using both cloud vendors.
Job Roles Aligned to Cloud+
- Cloud Penetration Tester
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Solution Architect
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Cloud Specialist Server Administrator
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Engineer
About the exam
CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 exam validates the skills needed to deploy and automate secure cloud environments that support the high availability of business systems and data.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have systems administration skills comprising 2–3 years' experience. CompTIA Network+ and Server+ certification, or the equivalent knowledge, is strongly recommended.
Delegates will learn how to
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Understand cloud concepts
- Plan and design a cloud environment
- Administer cloud resources
- Manage cloud storage
- Manage networks in the cloud
- Secure and troubleshoot networks in the cloud
- Manage cloud migrations and troubleshoot cloud deployments
- Manage cloud automation and orchestration
- Understand cloud security concepts
- Manage cloud security
- Manage cloud performance
- Manage cloud maintenance
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery in the cloud
The Official CompTIA Cloud+ Guide (Exam CV0-003) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include cloud architecture and deployment, optimization, and cloud security within your organization. You can take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Cloud+ (Exam CV0-003) certification examination.
Understanding Cloud Concepts
- Recognize Cloud Concepts
- Recognize Cloud Terms
- Understand the Troubleshooting Methodology
Planning and Designing a Cloud Environment
- Meet Cloud Business Requirements
- Design Capacity Planning and Requirements
Administering Cloud Resources
- Managing Cloud Administration
- Manage Compute Resources in the Cloud
- Manage Memory Resources
Managing Cloud Storage
- Understand Cloud Storage Types
- Configure Cloud Storage Solutions
- Configure Cloud Storage Protocols and RAID
Managing Networks in the Cloud
- Deploying Cloud Network Services
- Identify Cloud Network Infrastructure Components
Securing and Troubleshooting Networks in the Cloud
- Secure a Network in a Cloud Environment
- Troubleshooting Cloud Connectivity
Managing Cloud Migrations and Troubleshooting Cloud Deployments
- Managing Cloud Migrations
- Troubleshoot Cloud Deployment and Migration Issues
Managing Cloud Automation and Orchestration
- Understand Cloud Automation and Orchestration Techniques
- Troubleshoot Automation and Orchestration in the Cloud
Understanding Cloud Security Concepts
- Administer Identity and Access Management in the Cloud
- Manage Cloud Operating System and Application Security
- Manage Data Security and Compliance in the Cloud
Managing Cloud Security
- Implement Security Measures in the Cloud Domain
- Troubleshoot Cloud Security
Managing Cloud Performance
- Operate Efficiently in the Cloud
- Accomplish Cloud Operations Tasks
- Optimize Cloud Resources
- Troubleshoot Common Cloud Performance Problems
Managing Maintenance in the Cloud
- Configure Logs, Monitoring, and Alerting for Cloud Services
- Manage Backup and Restore in the Cloud
Implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
- Understand High Availability and Scaling in the Cloud
- Manage Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
- Incident Response
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.