This course provides you with a thorough grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. It is comprised of a Foundation-level introduction to the framework, and an in-depth Practitioner-level examination of how a project manager applies the framework. Developed by skilled trainers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
The Practitioner course is intended for anyone who expects to have a management or leadership role in an Agile project and is specifically built to support anyone who needs to apply the DSDM Project Management framework in a business environment. Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exams are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exams within this timeframe.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define Increments and Timeboxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements, to ensure on-time project delivery,
- Present the benefits of Agile approaches to senior management
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People - DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control Throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices - Iterative Development, Facilitated Workshops, Modeling and Prototyping
- Roles and Responsibilities - the project manager's view
- Agile Project Management through the Lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on Time - Combining MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- People, Teams, and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating - How and When
- Project Planning throughout the Lifecycle
- Quality - Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
Projects are undertaken in a unique environment. You are introduced to the factors that shape that environment.
- Differences between a project and business as usual
- Purpose and core components of project management and the benefits of effective project management
- Programme and portfolio management
- Project environment and the PESTLE acronym
- Use and phases of a typical project life cycle and reasons for structuring projects into phases
- Roles and responsibilities of: project manager, project sponsor, project steering group/board, project team members, project office and end users
- Project Management Planning
You are introduced to the principles and techniques of effective project planning from the outset.
- Purpose and the typical content of a business case, including benefits
- Purpose and production of a project management plan
- Stakeholders, stakeholder management and stakeholder analysis
- Estimating methods (including analytical, comparative, parametric), estimating funnel,
- Success criteria, success factors and the use of KPIs
- Purpose and benefits of project reporting
- Project scope management, including product and work breakdown structures and Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM) with RACI
- Configuration management and change control
- Different approaches to scheduling (including critical path analysis, Gantt (bar) charts, baselines and milestones)
- Resource management
- Procurement within the context of project management
- Risk management and issue management
- Project risk management process and the use of a risk register
- Issue and issue management and the use of an issue log
This video based product includes an online ProctorU examination.
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely.
Upon request our QA exam team will email over details of your exam code and instructions on how to book through ProctorU.
ProctorU exams require photographic identification at the time of taking your exam, this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or a work ID, which would need to include your name and a photograph.
Please note: candidates are required to give 72 hours' notice when choosing a date and time to book their exam (if scheduling less than 72 hours in advance a small fee would be incurred)
TEST YOUR PC/LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS: To test your PC/Laptop specifications are correct click onto the following http://www.proctoru.com/testitout/
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Access to FAQs can also be found through https://www.proctoru.com/faq.php
- Exam included
- Exam preparation aids
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.