The BCS online system is called PROCTOR U and involves the presence of a human supervisor who checks online that the exam has been carried out correctly.
Before buying, you should check that you meet the preliminary access requirements and carry out a compatibility test with your own computer. The HW and SW requirements are as follows:
- A computer with a Windows Vista (or more recent) operating system with at least 1024 of RAM or a Mac OS X 10 (or more recent)
- A webcam with a minimum of 640x480 video pixel resolution (webcams built in the laptop or in the monitor are permitted)
- Speakers connected to the computer
- A microphone connected to the computer
- A browser with Adobe Flash Player installed (Google Chrome is recommended)
- An ADSL connection (minimum download and upload speed 768Kbps/384Kbps)
You can test your computer and webcam at the following address www.proctoru.com/testitout.
The exam is carried out in different phases, as shown below.
Phase 1 - Exam purchase
The exam can be purchased on the QA website.
After registration, the voucher code must be requested via email at the following address email@example.com.
You will need to include your bundle reference and email address.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a voucher code via email, which will be needed to be able to take the exam. You will receive this from the exam board with the information you need to book your exam.
Phase 2 - Registration on the BCS site and to the exam
You will need to register on the BCS e-professional system.
To do this, please go to http://www.proctoru.com/portal/bcs/ and sign up to a new account by registering your details with ProctorU.
Note: Your Institute is BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
If you have not already been registered with BCS for a previous exam (under the same email address), you will receive an automated email as a result of being entered onto the exam booking in ePro.
Phase 3 - Registration on the ProctorU site and scheduling the exam
You will receive an email from BCS when the online exam has been set up. On receipt of this, you will be asked again to provide your personal data and schedule the date and the time of the exam.
Once you select the date and time, simply confirm it by clicking on the "Schedule Exam". The system will show at this point a clock "countdown" until the examination is set to happen.
Please note that the email contains a link to test the Questionmark installation on your computer. This is the online testing platform which you will need for the exam.
Phase 4 - Take the exam
To take the exam you must connect again to the online portal. You should do this 15 minutes before the examination start time. Once you press the button "connect to Proctor", the exam session will start and you will be connected to a video conference with a supervisor who will explain the exam format to you.
To be able to take the exam, it's necessary to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
In order to ensure that you get past the supervisor's preliminary checks please remember that:
- You must have with you a valid ID document with photo
- You must remember your booking reference
- If the webcam is built into your PC then you must have a reflective surface (mirror, CD, mobile phone or tablet) so that the examiner can see the PC screen and keyboard
During the examination:
- It is required to ensure good lighting of the face and the environment, turn off all phones and do not receive any visitors during the examination
- There should not be any background noise
The system will install an applet on your computer which will allow the supervisor to see your screen and any programmes that are in use during the exam session. If there are any problems or you lose the connection, you must contact ProctorU on +1 855-772-8678 immediately.
Phase 5 - Your results
Formal results are normally released within 5 working days.
Results and e-Certificates will be available on your BCS candidate portal.
If you would like to retake your exam, please contact your QA sales person.