Book using your GCP Voucher
If you have received a fundamentals or multiday voucher to attend a course from Google then you can redeem this with QA.
This one-day instructor-led course introduces participants to the big data capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get an overview of the Google Cloud platform and a detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- Data analysts, Data scientists, Business analysts getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Individuals responsible for designing pipelines and architectures for data processing, creating and maintaining machine learning and statistical models, querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports.
- Executives and IT decision makers evaluating Google Cloud Platform for use by data scientists.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with common query language such as SQL.
- Experience with data modeling, extract, transform, load activities.
- Developing applications using a common programming language such Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or statistics.
- Identify the purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use Cloud SQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform.
- Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis.
- Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow.
- Employ ML APIs.
- Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Facility Logistics
- Option to start Qwiklabs sign in process here OR just before Lab 1
1 Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform infrastructure and big data products
- Optional Demo: Creating a VM
- Demo: BigQuery Github query
- The different data roles in an organization
- What you can do with GCP
- Activity: Explore a customer use case
- Lab 1: Exploring a Public Dataset with BigQuery
2 Product Recommendations using Cloud SQL and Spark
- Compare Google Cloud Big Data products and services
- Managed Hadoop in the cloud
- Demo: Creating a Cluster
- Your SQL database in the cloud
- Lab 2: Product Recommendation s using Cloud SQL and Spark
3 Predicting Visitor Purchases using
- Introduction to BigQuery
- Fast SQL Query Engine
- Lab 3: Predicting Visitor Purchases BigQuery ML
- Managed Storage for Datasets
- Demo: Google Sheets to BQ
- Insights from Geographic data
- Demo: BigQuery ML
- Creating ML models with SQL w/BigQuery ML
4 Real-time Dashboards with Pub/Sub, Dataflow, and Data Studio
- Message-oriented architectures
- Serverless data pipelines
- Data Visualization w/Data Studio
- Lab 4: Real-time Dashboards with Pub/Sub, Dataflow, and Data Studio
5 Deriving Insights from Unstructured Data using Machine Learning
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Pre-built ML models
- Demo: Cloud Vision API
- Codeless ML with AutoML
- Lab 5: Classify Text and Images using Machine Learning APIs, AutoML, and DialogFlow
- Recap of lesson
GCP Learning Paths
Want to boost your career in GCP? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.