This course teaches students how to work with the SAS environment, design applications, build a FRAME entry, and control the application flow.
Developing Applications with SAS AF R Software
Before attending this course, you should have a thorough understanding of the concepts presented in SAS(R) Programming 1: Essentials Prior application development experience is not required.
You should be able to
- use the SAS windowing environment, including the Explorer window
- issue basic commands for window management
- write and debug SAS programs consisting of DATA and PROC steps
- use WHERE processing to subset observations
- write DATA step programs that use functions, formats, informats, SAS date values, and conditional logic (IF - THEN/ELSE or SELECT) statements.
Who Should Attend?
- build application windows using FRAME entries
- create, compile, and execute SAS Component Language (SCL) programs
- use the model/viewer paradigm for displaying information
- view and edit data in tables
- create and use SCL lists
- share information between application windows
- use region attachments to control the placement and size of components when the component& #39;s frame is resized
- deploy an application.
Getting Started with SAS/AF Applications
- exploring the course environment and scenario
- storing SAS/AF applications
- discussing object-oriented programming
- assessing application requirements
Creating a Menu System
- creating a FRAME entry
- working with components
- using SCL SOURCE entries
- displaying data in a map
- viewing data in a table
- exploring data using a form
- charting data values
Presenting Data Dynamically
- controlling attributes at run time
- working with SCL lists
- using the SCL debugger
Interacting with the User
- using drag-and-drop functionality
- submitting SAS code
- updating data in a table viewer
- implementing custom menus
Extending the Class Library
- creating a subclass
- using resources wisely
Finalizing the Application
- defining region attachments
- using development tools
- deploying the application
- SAS resources
- beyond this course
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0345 074 7998 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning