This course combines Clustered Data ONTAP Administration and Data ONTAP Data Protection Administration into a one-week training on data management. Lecture and hands-on exercises are used to teach you to configure and manage a Data ONTAP® 8.3 cluster and explain the architecture of Data ONTAP. The course starts with a foundation of NetApp storage administration, including cluster configuration, storage virtual machine management, and NAS and SAN protocol configuration. You learn how to manage Snapshot®, SnapRestore®, SnapMirror®, and SnapVault® technology that is used to replicate and restore mission-critical data in the enterprise. The course emphasizes using OnCommand® System Manager and OnCommand Unified Manager. Backup and restore operations are taught using the command line and OnCommand System Manager.
Clustered Data OnTap 8.3 Administration & Data Protection
Who should attend?
- Identify the various components of a Data ONTAP storage environment
- Install and perform the setup configuration of Data ONTAP
- Perform basic administration on a storage system
- Explain and configure physical and logical storage
- Identify and configure client protocols
- Describe Snapshot copies and space consumption in Data ONTAP
- Discuss backup methods that are available in Data ONTAP
- Examine upgrade methods of Data ONTAP
- Describe NetApp core data protection technology solutions that are supported in Data ONTAP
- Protect and retrieve data with NetApp snapshot and replication mechanisms
- Ensure business continuity for data
- Use NetApp OnCommand portfolio to monitor and protect data using Data ONTAP
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning