This course is designed to provide technical professionals with the skills needed to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed platforms such as Windows 2008 Server and Linux.
IBM MQ V8 System Administration Using Linux for Labs
Have a basic knowledge of IBM MQ V8 concepts, either through successful completion of course Technical Introduction to IBM MQ (WM102), or through equivalent practical experience Be familiar with and able to use standard functions within the operating system that is used in the lab exercises Have a basic knowledge of TCP/IP
Who should attend?
This intermediate course is designed for technical professionals who require the skills to administer any of the IBM MQ queue managers except IBM MQ for z/OS or IBM MQ for iSeries.
- Plan the implementation of IBM MQ
- Install IBM MQ
- Perform basic customization and administration tasks
- Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Use a trigger message and a trigger monitor to start an application to process messages
- Implement basic queue manager restart and recovery procedures
- Identify the cause of a problem
- Plan for and implement basic IBM MQ security features
- Use accounting and statistics messages to monitor the activities in an IBM MQ system
- Use IBM MQ sample programs to test queue manager, queue, channel, and client configuration
- Course introduction
- IBM MQ review
- Installing IBM MQ
- Creating a basic configuration
- Exercise: Using commands to create queue managers and queues
- Introduction to IBM MQ Explorer
- Exercise: Using IBM MQ Explorer to create queue managers and queues
- Introduction to the Message Queue Interface (MQI)
- Exercise: Using IBM MQ sample programs to test the configuration
- Implementing trigger messages and monitors
- Exercise: Implementing a trigger monitor
- Message persistence and recovery
- Exercise: Using a media image to restore a queue
- Identifying the cause of problems
- Exercise: Running an IBM MQ trace Implementing distributed queuing
- Exercise: Connecting queue managers Implementing basic security
- Exercise: Controlling access to IBM MQ IBM MQ clients
- Exercise: Connecting an IBM MQ client Backing up and restoring IBM MQ object definitions
- Exercise: Backing up and restoring IBM MQ object definitions Monitoring and configuring IBM MQ for performance
- Exercise: Monitoring and configuring IBM MQ for performance
- JMS administration overview
- Course summary
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning