This course is designed to present the IBM XIV Storage System, including its hardware components, and the cabling concept. This course also provides information on how to prepare, install, configure and initialize the IBM XIV Storage System. It describes the steps to follow for the configuration of an IBM XIV Storage system and provides information about setting up,installing, configuring and working with the three features that assist with copy services: snapshot, Volume Copy and remote mirror. This course describes the specifications, features and components for the Servers Operating Systems that can be associated to the IBM XIV Storage System.
IBM XIV Technical Training
Anyne who is involved with the planning, installation, configuration, and management of the IBM XIV Storage System.
You should have:
- an understanding of the concepts and terms used to deploy a Storage Area Network (SAN) and the iSCSI protocol.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Install and configure an IBM XIV Storage Subsystem
- Manage logical drive received from the IBM XIV Storage System to a Host Server
- Configure and manage all possibilities in term of IBM XIV Copy Services
- IBM XIV Storage System
- IBM XIV administration
- Implementation and configuration
- Host systems attachment and mappings using FCP
- Host systems attachment and mapping using iSCSI
- Copy Services
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning