This course will teach you how to use shell scripts and utilities for practical system administration of AIX (or other UNIX) operating systems.
Korn and Bash Shell Programming
- An understanding of programming fundamentals: variables, flow control concepts such as repetition and decision.
- A working knowledge of AIX including the use of the vi editor, find and grep commands.
Students without this experience should attend AIX Basics (AN10G).
This course is for support staff for AIX on POWER systems
- Distinguish Korn and bash shell specific features
- Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
- Understand system shell scripts such as /etc/shutdown
- Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration
- Basic shell concepts
- Flow control in a shell Script
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using sed, awk and other AIX utilities
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning