This one day course will look at some advanced topics (such as deployment and remote management of OS X Devices) which are not covered in the existing Server Essentials or Active Directory integration courses.
macOS Advanced Admin
QA Authored course
Delegates should have a good knowledge of OS X and network basics, and will preferably have attended an OS X Support Essentials course.
Choose appropriate deployment strategies for OS X networks.
Explore one to one deployment strategies.
Configure and explore network deployment strategies.
Create software packages for network deployment.
Use Apple Remote Desktop for remote management, report gathering, and other tasks.
We will also cover some useful topics which Advanced Administrators may find helpful when managing a network of Macs.
• Agenda and Objectives
• Considering the options - local vs network
• Local Deployment (using Filewave Lightning, Carbon Copy Cloner and Disk Utility)
• Creating a clean install image using AutoDMG
• Network Deployment (using NetInstall and DeployStudio)
• Exploring advanced workflows using DeployStudio
• Creating software packages with InstallEase, Composer and/or Packages
• Exploring Apple Remote Desktop
• Deploying packages with Apple Remote Desktop
• Scheduling tasks with Apple Remote Desktop
• Gathering reports with Apple Remote Desktop
This course is authored by QA
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.