During this half-day seminar you will get insights and perspectives from Ryan Ackroyd, QA Cyber Trainer and Security Researcher. You will learn the processes and methods used to analyse applications for unknown vulnerabilities. Those in attendance will gain insights in the complex analysis techniques for both open and closed source applications. Highlighting the various tools and techniques to identify potential inputs to applications and test those inputs for vulnerabilities. Demonstrations of static analysis and various tools, techniques and procedures for identifying and researching vulnerabilities which often go undetected by vulnerability scanners.
Discussion & Demonstrations Highlights:
- How to use online resources to identify useful information for testing
- How to identify inputs to applications
- How to perform static analysis of source code
- How to analyse applications using open source tools
- How to test applications for vulnerabilities using educated guess work and known tooling
- How to fuzz web and system applications for vulnerabilities