MSP Foundation and Practitioner eLearning
This fully accredited eLearning course provides you with a thorough understanding of the MSP programme management methodology, providing you with the skills needed to confidently use MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running.
MSP Philosophy and structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP Principles, Governance Themes and the Transformational Flow.
The 7 MSP Principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding Value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The Business case
- Risks and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
MSP Foundation eLearning
The course includes tutor support, examination practice and your Foundation exam.
You will be able to test what you have learned and review recorded scores. During this period you will have access to a QA subject matter expert by email.
The performance of a successful MSP Foundation candidate is that you need to show that you understand the key principles and terminology within the MSP guidance. Specifically, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between projects and programmes
- Identify the MSP defined types of programme and their characteristics
- Explain the benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change
- Explain the purpose and areas of focus of the defined roles
- Explain the purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes
- Explain the purpose of MSP programme information (documents)
- Viewing the MSP Foundation eLearning product and attempting all the exercises that we recommend will take approximately 15 hours with some additional reading. Throughout the learning, references for recommended reading are provided, and as everyone learns at different paces, this study duration is guidance only - but that is not to say you can't do it as many times as you like within your twelve month period!
MSP Practitioner eLearning
The performance of a successful MSP Practitioner candidate is that candidates need to exhibit the competences required for the Foundation qualification and show that they can apply the MSP guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within a programme environment.
Specifically, successful candidates should be able to:
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP Programme
- Explain and apply each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes and their activities
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles
- Produce and evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents). Know facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- Understand how each governance theme relates to the Principles
- Understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- Appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the Transformational Flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- Apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a scenario, when creating or reviewing products or making decisions related to each theme, in any or all of the processes
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme throughout a programme scenario.
Viewing the MSP Practitioner eLearning product and attempting all the exercises that we recommend will take approximately 15 hours with some additional reading. Throughout the learning, references for recommended reading are provided, and as everyone learns at different paces, this study duration is guidance only - but that is not to say you can't do it as many times as you like within your twelve month period!
MSP Advanced Practitioner Classroom Event
You need to exhibit the competences required for both the Foundation and Practitioner qualifications and show that you could adapt the MSP guidance to the needs of a particular programme environment.
Specifically, successful candidates should be able to:
- Determine whether MSP is an appropriate framework for an identified change initiative
- Justify specific activities that should be undertaken by each of the defined MSP roles during each of the processes of the transformational flow
- Produce, evaluate and suggest improvements to examples of MSP programme information (documents)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the application of each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes
- Adapt the programme's approach to the governance themes to the needs of both the wider programme environment and the sponsoring organization
- Learn from experience and, as a result, propose alternative approaches that would improve the effectiveness of the application of each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes
MSPCare Case Study
- An understanding of the MSPCare Case Study, which presents a mix of both public and private sector elements
- PLEASE NOTE: Please bring your MSPCare Case Study with you to the course.
- Interrogation of the MSPCare scenario through application of MSP methodology and best practice programme management
- Exam techniques required to pass the Advanced Practitioner exam
- Understanding of questions
- Required answer elements
- Use of the MSP manual and MSPCare scenario to present answers
This eLearning product includes classroom based examinations:
The MSP examinations will be booked at a QA Centre most convenient to you.
We have 26 locations across the country. Please contact us via email: email@example.com for further information.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.