This course ensures that people in positions of responsibility appreciate the environmental issues relating to their working processes and develop an understanding of how to manage them. It covers the management of environmental issues, legal requirements, water, air, land and environmental management issues and controls.
IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
Who Should Attend?
This nationally accredited course has been designed for people who have either a responsibility for or general interest in environmental issues and their management and their implications for their organisation.
On successful completion of the examination delegates can apply for Associate membership of IEMA.
The course assessment consists of one open book examination of 2½ hours. This is set and marked by IEMA. Further information about the examination process is provided in the course materials or from the IEMA website.
- Understand the issues, science and philosophy that underpins environmental sustainability.
- Identify ways to incorporate environmental issues into the management of an organisation.
- Identify relevant legislation for an organisation and take steps towards ensuring compliance.
- Understand the role of various analytical and managerial tools and the assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance.
- Understand the key elements of an environmental management system
- Module 1: Environmental and Sustainability Principles
- Module 2: Understanding Environmental Policy Issues
- Module 3: Key Environmental and Compliance Measures
- Module 4: Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Module 5: Analyse and Report on Environmental Information and Data
- Module 6: Environmental Management and Assessment Tools
- Module 7: Analysing Problems and Opportunities to Deliver Sustainable Solutions
- Module 8: Developing and Implementing Programmes to Deliver Environmental Performance Improvement
- Module 9: Communicating Effectively with Internal and External Stakeholders
- Module 10: Influencing Behaviour and Implementing Change to Improve Sustainability
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 8 courses available across 4 locations on 7 different dates
EastCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
LondonCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
MidlandsCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
North1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
ScotlandCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
South2 Locations / 4 coursesView dates
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations4 Locations / 8 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning