In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your uniqueue Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here.
The performance-based Red Hat Certified Engineer exam (EX300) tests to determine if your knowledge, skill, and ability meet those required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) systems. Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required to earn RHCE certification.
An RHCE certification is earned by a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill, and ability required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
This exam and the exam objectives provided here are based on the Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7 version of the exam.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Linux IT professionals who currently have RHCSA certification and are interested in earning an RHCE certification
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended the Red Hat System Administration I, II, and III courses or the RHCE Certification lab
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- An RHCE who is noncurrent and has passed the RHCSA exam