A detailed technical description of the technologies available to be used to support the backhaul requirements of evolved 3G HSPA and next generation 4G LTE access networks. This includes discussions of underlying backhaul architecture and concepts along with more detailed discussions of the technologies employed to support evolved radio access networks, including: Carrier Ethernet, MPLS fibre-optic transmission and packet-based microwave plus other high capacity backhaul technologies.
Mobile Backhaul for 3G and 4G Networks
An understanding of mobile network architecture and operation would be beneficial as would an appreciation of legacy backhaul technologies such as TDM or ATM
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for engineering and technical management staff who are involved in the commissioning, design, deployment or operation of mobile backhaul networks.
- What is backhaul?
- Transport Network Layered Architectures
- Radio Access Network architectures and requirements
- Industry Forums
- Layer 1 Backhaul Options
- Backhaul Architecture Models
- Next Generation SDH OTN and packet-based microwave
- Layer 2 Backhaul Options
- Ethernet and 802.1Q VLANs
- Q-in-Q VLAN Stacking
- Carrier Ethernet
- MPLS and Pseudowires
- Layer 3 Backhaul Options
- IP RAN in HSPA and LTE
- Synchronization (NTPv4, IEEE1588v2/PTP, Sync-E)
- Redundancy (MSTP, G.8031/8032)
- Security options (IPsec, Security Gateway)
- NGMN (Next Generation Mobile Network) models
- VLAN traffic forwarding examples for Ethernet-based RANs
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning