This course demonstrates how to extend JMP software's functionality using the JMP Scripting Language (JSL) to automate routine procedures, extend or create new procedures, and customize reports.
JMP(R) Software: Introduction to the JMP(R) Scripting Language
Before attending this course
it is recommended you complete the JMP Software: Data Exploration course or have equivalent experience.
Who should attend
Anyone familiar with JMP who wants to learn the JMP Scripting Language (JSL)
- use the basic elements in JSL
- use messages, functions, and expressions to create new data tables and columns, control analyses, and capture or modify reports
- create and use dialogs to adapt script behavior
- save JMP scripts as JMP Add-Ins to automate routine analyses and reporting and facilitate script deployment.
- introducing scripting
- introducing object-oriented approach
- reviewing how to generate scripts interactively
- storing scripts in the Table panel
JSL Building Blocks
- understanding operators, numbers, and names
- understanding lists and expressions
- understanding comments, commas, parentheses, quoted strings, and matrices
- introducing a visual JSL style to make reading, interpreting, and understanding JSL easy
- using the For, While, Break, and Continue functions
- using the If, Match, and Choose functions
Data Table Scripts
- creating new tables and columns
- changing or adding column properties
- using basic matrix functions in JSL
- understanding platform layers (analysis and report)
- reporting display tree structure
- building custom windows
Dialogs, List, and Custom Menu Items
- making and using custom dialogs
- understanding substitution in expressions, lists, and strings
- creating a JMP Add-In
This course addresses
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning