From 25th May 2018 non-compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation may result in fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover. The changes required by some companies are extensive and the deadline is fast approaching. This QA GDPR Introduction E-Learning product will help companies to prepare for this change.
For first time users, the course starts with an introduction video. The video sets the scene for the course, draws out some salient points and helps to communicate why GDPR is so important for all companies, regardless of sector or size. The video will still be accessible afterwards from the main menu, should learners want to view it again.
Features and Elements
The GDPR Introduction course contains the following features and elements:
- A responsive E-Learning product that utilises a blend and variety of interactive screen types
- Content is broken down into easily-digestible nuggets
- Contemporary, visually stimulating design that uses a range of realistic images to signpost content
- Scenario-based stories that contextualise the content
- Videos, animations and other stimuli woven throughout the product, where appropriate, to engage the learner, support the content and draw out the relevance and meaning of the content
- A user-led experience - allows learners to access content at their own pace. The subject matter refers to complex data protection issues and may need to be re-read multiple times by some learners
- Versatile navigation – learners can work through the course and modules from start to finish and also dip in and out of specific topics within the modules
- Can use the resource as a reference as well as a learning tool
- End of course assessment that is tracked and provides a score
- In-line quick checks that aid the learning process as they work through the content
- A glossary of key terminology
Module 1 looks at the old legislation. This is primarily to help you understand what it covered, and provide you with the context to understand how it has changed with GDPR. It discusses:
- The Framework
- Key Legislation
- Roles & Terminology
- Employer Requirements
- EU/US Data Transfer
- Summary Screen
Module 2 provides an overview of GDPR and its fundamental principles. It covers the following content areas:
- The reasons for change
- Introduces GDPR
- The main principles of the GDPR in detail
- Brexit and the GDPR
- Summary Screen
In Module 3 we focus on the impact of GDPR on organisations, looking at:
- Collecting Personal Data
- Data Access Rights
- Transfer of Personal Data
- Data Controllers and Processors
- Risk and Security
- Compliance in Marketing
- Summary Screen
In Module 4 we focus on how to achieve short and long term GDPR compliance:
- Long-Term Compliance
- Information Management
- Review Access Rights
- Monitoring and Security
- Incident Management
- Staff Education and Training
- Privacy by Design
- Next Steps for Compliance
- The Positive Outcomes of GDPR
- Key Changes in GDPR
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.