The HPE SimpliVity product certification course covers portfolio and product introduction, architecture, management, installation, troubleshooting and support of HPE SimpliVity solutions. In addition to lecture, this course also contains labs for hands-on experience in exploring and using HPE SimpliVity.
Introduction to HPE SimpliVity
• Describe the benefits of HPE SimpliVity and the HyperGuarantee program
• Top use cases (VDI, ROBO, datacenter consolidation, data protection)
• Describe available reference architectures
• Describe HPE Simplivity impact on TCO and sizing rules
HPE SimpliVity Architecture
• Explain HPE SimpliVity architecture and components (OAC, OVC, MVA, cluster, federation, datastores, Arbiter, compute nodes, networking requirements [3 networks, jumbo frames, etc.])
• Explain HPE SimpliVity data efficiency technologies (deduplication, compression and optimization)
• Explain how HPE SimpliVity has a resilient platform and provides peak and predictable performance
• Explain HPE SimpliVity Stretched Cluster implementation
• Explain how HPE SimpliVity differs from other hyperconverged infrastructure technologies
HPE SimpliVity Portfolio Overview
• Describe the HPE SimpliVity portfolio (hardware-accelerated and software-optimized models)
• Describe how to position the product and match to specific customer use cases
• Describe HPE Composable Fabric integration
• Describe HPE StoreOnce integration
• Describe HPE InfoSight integration
Designing HPE SimpliVity Solutions
• Describe SimpliVity sizing and configuration tools
• Analyze reference architectures for HPE SimpliVity
– VMware Horizon®
– Microsoft SQL Server 2017
– SAP HANA 2.0
– Citrix XenDesktop
– Oracle Database
Managing HPE SimpliVity
• Describe HPE SimpliVity functionalities (backups, restore, clone, etc.)
• Describe available user interfaces (GUI, CLI/API)
• Explain how HPE SimpliVity RapidDR works
• Explain how HPE SimpliVity performs backups to secondary storage (HPE StoreOnce today)
• Explain how to use HPE InfoSight to investigate the analytics and get insights from an HPE SimpliVity environment
Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
• Explain steps required for a successful deployment
• Explain the upgrade procedure
• Describe support and troubleshooting procedures
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.