“The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new!”
About this course
The only constant in organisational life at the moment is change.
This session looks at how change affects our daily lives. Often we have no control over changes but we are expected to rapidly digest them and in many cases help to implement them. We will show you how you can thrive on the unexpected and reach your potential in the 'new world'.
This ½ day session is suitable for you if, through self-reflection and a range of practical activities, you want to explore your role in the change process and identify how you can make change a positive experience.
- Understand why you react to change the way you do
- Recognise the importance of differentiating between things you can influence and things you cannot
- Demonstrate the importance of a positive approach to any change situation
- Identify your role in the change process and learn how to make a positive difference
- Identify ways of finding the energy to manage personal and organisational change effectively
- Causes of change
- The transition curve
- Behavioural styles
- Influence and concern
- Emotional intelligence
- Coping with stress
- Action plan