As a practicing scrum master in a SAFe® organization, you have the tactical skills to coach Agile teams to deliver business value. Build on that solid foundation in the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course and discover how to facilitate success for Agile teams, Agile Release Trains (ARTs), and the organization. And get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Take your leadership skills to the next level. The SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course will give you the tools to improve your coaching and facilitation skills, avoid common missteps, and encourage relentless improvement. You’ll learn how to apply Lean, Kanban, DevOps, and SAFe® principles to improve team and business outcomes. You’ll up-level your facilitation skills for key Agile and SAFe® events, whether they’re in person or across teams and time zones. And you’ll discover how communities of practice can support continuous improvement.
Learners are required to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts.
- For those new to working in SAFe, we recommend completing the SAFe ® Scrum Master course
- Existing knowledge or experience of working in a SAFe® environment – ideally as a Scrum Master – would be advantageous, but not essential
- Complete the e-learning on Agile basics through the SAFe® community platform – this will be made available in the week running up to your course
- For virtual delivery, learners will require the use of WebEx and the ability to access SAFe studio at https://safe.scaledagile.com/web/home
Delegates will learn how to
By the end of this course you will know:
- How to apply SAFe principles to facilitate, enable, and coach in a multi-team environment
- How to adopt scalable engineering practices, Kanban, DevOps, and Agile architecture to optimize flow
- How to advance your facilitation skills for ART and team event planning, execution, and delivering end-to-end value
- How to build communities of practice to support high-performing teams and ART efficiency
- How to lead distributed teams effectively in remote environments
During this two day course, you will explore the tools needed to become an advanced SAFe® Scrum Master – focused on developing your coaching skills and how this applies to a SAFe® environment
You will learn in a collaborative environment, supported by one of QA’s Agile & SAFe® expert coaches and trainers.
Throughout the course, you will explore the following topics:-
- Exploring the Scrum Master role
- Applying SAFe principles
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance
- Exam name: SAFe Advanced Scrum Master 5.1 (6.0 to be launched in June)
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 44 out of 60 (73% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with Scaled Agile certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 23 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.