NetApp Learners Account - information needed at booking stage
In order for you to get the most out of NetApp Training and Certification, we require your NetApp Support ID for us to correctly assign your training enrolment. If you do not have an account, it is important you register for an account before the start of the course. This can be done via the following link: http://support.netapp.com/eservice/public/now.do
For all new and existing accounts, please login to your account, then whilst you are logged in follow this link http://learningcenter.netapp.com to validate your account by accepting NetApp Terms & Conditions (this is an important step to ensure registration synchronization).
If both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
Cluster Administration course. This course reviews NFS and explores in more detail different NFS versions and the features of ONTAP 9 software that support the NFS protocol. The exercises are accomplished using ONTAP 9 software.
- ONTAP Cluster fundamentals
- 'ONTAP 9.5 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM)'
- Familiarity with UNIX and Linux operating systems
Delegates will learn how to
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Define and describe NFS protocol versions
- Configure clustered ONTAP 9 for NFSv3,NFSv4,and NFSv4.1 with parallel NFS (pNFS)
- Configure Kerberos in a Linux and NetApp ONTAP 9 environment using Windows Active Directory authentication
- Discuss performance management and troubleshooting for Netapp storage systems and clients
Module 1: NFS Overview
- Define NFS Protocol
- List and differentiate between the versions of NFS
- Discuss how ONTAP support NFS deployments
Module 2: NFS v3
- Describe NFS v3
- Configure NFSv3 on Data ONTAP
- Describe how security works in NFS v3
Module 3: NFS v4
- Describe NFS v4
- Configure NFSv4 on Data ONTAP
- Describe how security works in NFS v4
Module 4: NFS v4.1
- Describe NFS v4.1
- Configure NFS v4.1 on ONTAP 9
Module 5: NFS Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Discuss performance monitoring techniques for storage and clients
- Describe basic NFS troubleshooting
- List locations of Export Rule Evaluation Errors