In this Microsoft Power BI Desktop Essentials Half Day session, attendees will learn how to connect Excel workbooks to Microsoft Power BI Desktop. You will model the data using the Query Editor and then add Visualisations to a report.
Power BI is part of the suite of tools from Microsoft which enable data to be analysed and published from a variety of sources.
With Power BI Desktop, you get a report authoring tool that enables you to connect to and query data from different sources using the Query Editor. From the datasets you can add Visualizations and create Reports.
Please note that this course is not suitable for new Excel users
- An understanding of basic data types
- Ability to create and format charts
- Power BI Concepts and Main Features
- Loading Excel Data into Power BI Desktop
- Apply Common Query Tasks to Shape Data in Power BI
- Explore Data Visualizations
Getting Started with Power BI Desktop
- Power BI concepts
- Introduction to main features
Connecting Excel Data to Power BI Desktop
- Using Get Data to connect to Excel workbooks
- Selecting the data to use
- Overview of Relationships in Power BI Desktop
Common Data Preparation Activities using the Query Editor
- Setting the Data Type
- Using Delimiters
- Group By
Adding Visualisations to a Report
- Tables and Matrices