The Aruba Central instructor-led course covers the central campus cloud based management system that lets you centrally manage and monitor wired and wireless networks. This 2-day course covers the Aruba Central management service options for onboarding devices by managing Aruba Instant and Aruba Switches. Participants will view the advanced analytics services and connectivity health of devices and clients, providing insights into Wi-Fi analytics for smart business decisions. Understand how to simplify visitor access management with a fully secure and scalable guest access including guest cloud services. Through lecture and hands-on labs students discover the comprehensive alert management, device connectivity, network health, and user account activity with Aruba Central.
Delegates will learn how to
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Be able to use Central and its features
- Understand the differences between MSP and Central account
- Be able to customize an MSP account
- Create customers, groups and assign devices within Central
- Be familiar with Onboarding devices into Central
- Be able to describe different methods of Onboarding
- Understand the purpose and uses for Groups, Labels and Sites
- Be able to filter information using Groups, Labels and Sites
- Describe the importance of Guest Access
- Configure switches via Central
- Be familiar with VRF and Heatmaps and know your network topology
- Be able to plan a new network and know how to use network monitoring and troubleshooting.
- View your network health and troubleshoot client issues
- Maintain network security
- Customize alerts according to your needs
- Be familiar with your network applications
- Identify non Wi-Fi issues
- Be aware of the users passing by or entering your establishment
- Be familiar with the UC dashboard
- Use the UC dashboard to monitor UC quality
- Be familiar with Central’s administrative tasks
- Know how to add admin users and new certificates
- Know how to upgrade the network and create reports
- Central introduction
- Latest Central cloud-based management feaetures
- Options for IAP clusters and Aruba access switches
- Networking, configuration, guest management, report generation and maintenance
- Learn how to change a Central account to an MSP account
- Changes with an MSP account verses a standalone Central account
- Customize your SP information and customer’s logo
- Basic process for onboarding devices using Zero touch, cloud key and manually adding devices
- Smartphone installations
- Registering a Central account
- Subscriptions to manage deices
- Troubleshooting onboarding issues
Groups, Sites, Labels
- Set up groups for device configurations
- Create labels to filter devices for monitoring, managing and reporting purposes
- Use sites for installation as well as monitoring, managing and reporting
IAP and Aruba Switch Configuration
- Group essentials for configuration
- Configuring a new WLAN with an access method
- How to name APs
- Introduction to Guest Access features
- Central management of Aruba access switches
- How to configure and monitor Aruba switches
- Set up Visual RF floorplans for planning and monitoring
- Verify the AP heatmaps and client locations.
- Plan an RF layout for new sites
- Review the topology layout of the network
Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Overview of monitoring and troubleshooting for groups and devices.
- Attach labels, look for IAPS and clients, apply console commands and use troubleshooting commands.
- Overview of Wireless Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Protection System (IPS)
- IPS and IDS configuration and monitoring options
Clarity, Presence analytic, AppRF
- View application visibility to identify usage and network activity on websites
- Clarity subscriptions for network analytics and insight
- Presence Analytics subscription to view customer traffic and provide details concerning new visitors and loyal customers
- Be familiar with Aruba Central’s Unified Communications app (UCC)
- Available subscriptions with UCC
- Activity graphs
- Configure UC within a network
Administration and Maintenance
- Create an administrative user
- Assign pre-configured roles and a customized role
- Generate reports for viewing network information, compliance and performance.
- Manage device firmware on your network
- Monitor the Audit Trail
- Introduction into API and certificates
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.