This 3-day course teaches students how Aruba Central, Aruba’s cloudbased networking system, enables IT staff to manage and monitor both wired and wireless environments. This course includes topics such as Central RESTAPI and teaches students new MSP features within HPE GreenLake. Students will learn how to simplify the onboarding and provisioning process for new network devices, such as Aruba access points, switches and gateways.
This course will teach learners how VisualRF integrates with Central and how to configure traditional IAPs (AOS8) and AOS10 APs with Aruba Central as well as and how to leverage other value-added network services such as guest access, AIOps, contact tracing and presence analytics. Students will also learn several best practices for administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting services that will help them proactively assess and improve their network performance. This course includes training and hands-on labs.
Delegates will learn how to
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Use Aruba Central and its features
- Understand the differences between MSP and Central account
- Create customers, groups and assign devices with Central
- Be familiar with onboarding devices into Central
- Be able to describe different methods of onboarding
- Understand the purpose and uses for Groups, Labels and Sites
- Filter information using Groups, Labels and Sites
- Describe the importance of Guest Access
- Be familiar with VRF and heatmaps and know your network topology
- Be able to plan a new network and know how to use network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Be able to complete licensing requirements
- Understand AIOps concepts and features
- Know AI Search, AI Insight and AI Assist features
- Be aware of the users passing by or entering your establishment
- Be familiar with Central's administrative tasks
- Know how to add admin users and new certificates
- Know how to upgrade the network and create reports
- Understand the different AOS10 forwarding modes
- Be able to create a bridged SSID
- Create a customized MSP account
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.