This three-day course is designed to provide students with an understanding of cloud enabled networks, cloud service deployment concepts, and virtualized network platforms such as vSRX and vMX.
This course provides a high-level overview and understanding of the following concepts:
- Cloud Network Underlays
- Cloud Network Overlays
- Cloud Design
- Cloud Implementation Methods
- Cloud Services
- Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms
Junos Cloud Fundamentals is an introductory-level course.
This course benefits individuals responsible for planning and coordinating cloud enabled networks and services in data center, private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud, service provider, and enterprise WAN environments.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- Basic TCP/IP skills;
- General understanding of data center virtualization;
- General understanding of enterprise WAN environments
- Basic understanding of virtualization
Delegates will learn how to
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe network overlay and underlay concepts.
- Describe private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture and implementation.
- Describe the implementation of services in a cloud networking environment.
- Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vSRX platform.
- Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vMX platform.
- Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper NFX platform.
- Describe the role of Juniper Networks virtualized platforms in public cloud offerings.
- Describe the functionality and use of Juniper Networks Cloud Connector.
- Describe the need for Software Defined Networking.
- Describe basic SDN concepts.
- Describe common types of SDN implementation.
- Describe the main Network Function Virtualization components.
- Describe cloud services monitoring.
- Describe the functions of AppFormix in cloud services.
- Describe SDN WAN concepts.
- Describe the role, functions, and features of the NorthStar Controller.
- Describe the role, functions, and features of WANDL/IP MPLS View.
- Describe the role and functions a vCPE and uCPE components.
- Describe the role and functions of Contrail Service Orchestration.
- Describe Software Defined Secure Network concepts.
- Describe methods to secure an SDN environment.
- Describe the functionality of SDSN components.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Cloud Components
- Cloud Networking Definition
- Cloud Architecture
Chapter 3: Virtualized Platforms
- Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms
- Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms in Public Clouds
Chapter 4: SDN Fundamentals
- The Need for SDN
- SDN Explained
- OpenFlow Based SDN
- SDN as an Overlay
- SDN via API
- Applications of SDN
- Lab 1: Exploring OpenStack with the CLI
Chapter 5: Network Function Virtualization
- Introduction to NFV
- NFV Architecture
- Examples of VNFs
Chapter 6: Orchestration and Automation
Managing a Cloud Infrastructure
- OpenStack for Orchestration
- Contrail/OpenContrail SDN Controller
- NSX for SDN
Chapter 7: AppFormix
- AppFormix Operation and Use Cases
Chapter 8: SD WAN Solutions
SD WAN Concepts
- NorthStar SD WAN Controller
- NorthStar Controller Use Cases
- WNADL IP/MPLSView
Chapter 9: Cloud CPE
Legacy vs. Cloud CPE Architecture
- Cloud CPE with Contrail Service Orchestration
Chapter 10: Cloud Security
- Legacy Network Security
- Cloud Security Concepts
- SDSN Components
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.