The ISTQB exams are now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course.
What to expect from ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Test Engineer
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Advanced Level Test Automation Test Engineer course provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance. Methods described are generally applicable across a variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g. agile, sequential, incremental and iterative), types of software systems (e.g. embedded, distributed and mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
The target audience
To take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level: Test Automation Engineer certificate you must hold the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).
Once you have completed the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Test Engineer course successfully, you should be able to:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimise testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Test Engineer
1. Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
2. Preparing for Test Automation
3. The Generic Test Automation Architecture
4 Deployment Risks and Contingencies
5 Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
6 Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
7 Verifying the TAS
8 Continuous Improvement
1. Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation – 30 mins
1.1 Purpose of Test Automation
1.2 Success Factors in Test Automation
2. Preparing for Test Automation - 165 mins
2.1 SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
2.2 Tool Evaluation and Selection
2.3 Design for Testability and Automation
3. The Generic Test Automation Architecture – 270 mins
3.1 Introduction to gTAA
3.2 TAA Design
3.3 TAS Development
4 Deployment Risks and Contingencies – 150 mins
4.1 Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
4.2 Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
4.3 Test Automation Maintenance
5 Test Automation Reporting and Metrics – 165 mins
5.1 Selection of TAS Metrics
5.2 Implementation of Measurement
5.3 Logging of the TAS and the SUT
5.4 Test Automation Reporting
6 Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment – 120 mins
6.1 Criteria for Automation
6.2 Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
6.3 Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
6.4 Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
7 Verifying the TAS – 120 mins
7.1 Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
7.2 Verifying the Automated Test Suite
8 Continuous Improvement – 150 mins
8.1 Options for Improving Test Automation
8.2 Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
The ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level – Test Automation Engineer certificate exam comprises 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. If you take the exam not in your spoken language, you will receive an additional 25% of time (an additional 23 minutes) so a total of 113 minutes.
The ISTQB exam is now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course.