NetApp Learners Account - information needed at booking stage
In order for you to get the most out of NetApp Training and Certification, we require your NetApp Support ID for us to correctly assign your training enrolment. If you do not have an account, it is important you register for an account before the start of the course. This can be done via the following link: http://support.netapp.com/eservice/public/now.do
For all new and existing accounts, please login to your account, then whilst you are logged in follow this link http://learningcenter.netapp.com to validate your account by accepting NetApp Terms & Conditions (this is an important step to ensure registration synchronization).
If both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
In this course, you learn how to implement NetApp’s Virtual Storage Console by deploying, managing, and protecting a VMware virtual infrastructure in both SAN and NAS environments using ONTAP. It also covers the implementation details for both traditional datastores and Virtual Volumes using Storage Policy Based Management. Monitoring of both traditional and VVOL performance characteristics are covered in lecture and hands on labs.
- ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals
- ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals
- ONTAP Cluster Administration
- ONTAP SAN Administration
- ONTAP Data Protection Administration
- VMware Fundamentals WBT (Free WBT from VMware Education)
- VMware Install, Configuration and Manage or equivalent experience
- Technical Overview of Virtual Storage Console (VSC), Storage Replication Adapter (SRA), and Vasa Provider (VP)
Delegates will learn how to
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Describe the components of NetApp storage and how they integrate into a vSphere environment
- Identify the types of datastores created by the Virtual Storage Console (VSC)
- Explain how VSC provides an automated datastore provisioning capability
- Describe the VVol datastore management process
- Create VVol datastores and VVols
- Identify performance characteristics of VVols using VSC
- Monitor virtual machines with VSC performance dashboard
- List the customer implementations for backup, restore and cloning capability when integrating vSphere with NetApp