The Managing HPE Primera Storage I course provides an overview of the HPE Primera portfolio. The course reviews how to perform common day-to-day management tasks with hands-on labs (HOL), including creating the right data efficient volumes on an all-flash HPE Primera array, and leveraging the power of HPE InfoSight. The course prepares learners for deeper follow-on training from HPE, including the 2-day, HM9Q6S: Managing HPE Primera II course
• An understanding of general storage concepts including fibre channel technology and RAID
• Operator level functionality in a Windows environment
Module 1: Solution Overview:
• Part 1—Hardware
– Primera technical specifications
– HPE Primera hardware building blocks
– Data-in-place upgrade
– Primera persistency and high availability features
• Part 2—Software and Features
– Management options overview
– Primera and 3PAR SSMC
– HPE Primera storage management—HPE Primera UI
– HPE Primera command line interface (CLI)
– HPE Primera integration portfolio overview
– Selected data protection and security features overview
– HPE Primera leadership—replication
– Peer persistence
– HPE Cluster Extension CLX
– VMware vSphere® disaster recovery with Site Recovery
– Sources of information
Module 2: Storage Concepts and Terminology
• HPE Primera OS virtualization—logical view
• HPE Primera OS virtualization concepts
• HPE Primera OS virtualization advantages
• Chunklet concepts
• System wide sparing
• Logical disk concepts
• HPE Primera high availability
• CPG concepts
• Virtual volume overview
• Thin provisioning overview
• HPE Primera data reduction overview
Module 3: Host Connectivity and Storage Allocation
• Host to HPE Primera front-end configuration—FC example
• HPE Primera block I/O connectivity
• HPE Primera Persistent Ports
• HPE Primera WWN format
• HPE Primera OS 4.x host OS support
• HPE Primera implementation guide
• Host HBAs and WWNs—commands/utilities
• HPE Smart SAN for Primera
• HPE Primera zoning overview
• Adding hosts in SSMC—SMART SAN enabled
• Making VLUNs visible to hosts
• HPE Host Explorer
• HPE LunInfo
Module 4: Host, Volume, and App Volume Sets
• Host sets and virtual volume sets overview and advantage
• Virtual volume set—other use cases
• Host sets and virtual volume sets— SSMC and CLI examples
• App volume sets overview
• App volume sets— SSMC examples
• SSMC dashboard—top app vol sets
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.