HPE NonStop Software Essentials is the replacement for the DSM/SCM Planner Interface. In this 2 days course you will learn how to install the HPE NonStop Software Essentials client, how to configure the NonStop host software and become familiar with using the client. The course is a mix between lecture (60%) and lab exercises (40%). Some DSM/SCM requests are time consuming and can damage the NonStop system configuration when incorrectly used. For this reason, a simulator will be used in about 50% of the LAB exercises. After completing this course, you will be able to install, configure and use the HPE NonStop Software Essentials product. This is not a DSM/SCM course.
One of these knowledge will be necessary:
DSM/SCM Operations and Management for HPE NonStop Systems (U4150S)
Similar comparable knowledge about using DSM/SCM on HPE NonStop systems
Delegates will learn how to
• Provide a product overview and a brief insight on the architecture
• Installing NonStop Software Essentials
• Configuring NonStop Software Essentials
• Using NonStop Software Essentials
• Using the Package Software feature
• Provide an overview how to use the reporting feature
Module 1 – Course Introduction
• Course Schedule
Module 2 – Product Overview & Architecture
• Explain what NonStop Software Essentials is and can do
• Show the NonStop Software Essentials user interface
• List the benefits of NonStop Software Essentials
• List the different versions of NonStop Essentials
• Describe briefly a typical DSM/SCM environment
• List the NonStop Software Essentials architecture and
Module 3 – Installing NonStop Software Essentials
• List the NonStop Software Essentials software requirements and related products
• List the minimum RVU and SPRs
• Describe the installation of the NSE NonStop server component
• Describe the installation of the NSE NonStop client component Accessing the NSE interface
• Securing NSE and Jetty App Server
• Changing TCP/IP Settings
Module 4 – Configuring NonStop Software Essentials
• Managing the Host Configuration
• Managing Targets (add, delete, modify)
• Managing Planners (add, delete, modify)
• Managing Host Administrators (add, delete, modify)
• Configuring and modifying the Planner and Host Administrator Security
• Managing Volumes Used by NonStop Software Essentials
Module 5 – Using NonStop Software Essentials
• Explain how to manage software with NonStop Software Essentials
• Describe how to receive software with NonStop Software Essentials
• Creating and Managing Software Revisions
• Build/Apply a Software Revision
• Activating New Software on a Target System
• Renaming Product Files Using ZPHIRNM
• Using the NonStop Software Essentials Simulator
Module 6 – Using the Package Software feature
• Describe how to launch the Package Software feature
• Explain the creation and modification of a Distribution Subvolume (DSV)
• Describe the Guardian File Settings for a DSV
• Describe the DSV file functions: ADDIF and DELIF
• Explain how to validate the settings
• Describe how the package the DSV
Module 7 – Reporting
• Explain the report features of NonStop Software Essentials
• List all default available reports
• Describe how to add, modify or delete a report
• Explain how to prepare a report
• Describe the available reports parameters
• Explain how to view a prepared report
Module 8 – Troubleshooting
• Explain how to enable tracing and logging of NonStop Software Essentials (host)
• Explain how to enable tracing and logging of DSM/SCM(host)
• Troubleshooting the installation of the NSE client
• Troubleshooting the launch of the NSE client
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.