This course is for administrators who want to learn about the installation, upgrade, system management, network integration and other tasks required to effectively administer HPE Ezmeral Container Platform 5.3. Hands-on labs are included.
• Unix/Linux user and administration experience
• Hadoop/AI/big data application administration experience (Cloudera/ Hortonworks, Jupyter Notebook, Tensorflow, etc.)
• Experience in machine learning lifecycle (e.g. model training/development and model deployment)
• bash/shell/python scripting
• Learning objectives review
• Course schedule review
• HPE Ezmeral Container Platform architecture overview
• Control plane/management overview
• Network architecture overview
• Handling distributed stateful app
• Storage architecture overview
HPE Ezmeral Container Platform Packaging—Install, Upgrade
• Requirement gathering and planning
– HPE Ezmeral Container Platform installation checklist
– HPE Ezmeral Container Platform sizing tool
– Deployment + ecosystem planning
– Worker/gateway deployment methods
– App Store
– Virtual cluster lifecycle (including scripts)
– Container placement using host tags
– Adding host to create Kubernetes cluster
• Airgap support
– Kubernetes cluster rolling upgrade
HPE Ezmeral Container Platform Multi-Tenancy
– What is a tenant
– Comparison EPIC tenant and K8s tenant
• Tenant management
– Kubernetes: Creating tenant
– Kubernetes: Tenant and namespace
– HPE Ezmeral Container Platform agent operator: Tenant management
HPE Ezmeral Container Platform User Role
• User roles
– Role and corresponding view
– Navigating to different roles
• User authentication
– HPE Ezmeral Container Platform management login
– User authentication into HPE Ezmeral Container Platform with 3 different methods
– Exercise: Tenant group membership
• RBAC: Role binding (authorization)
– HPE Ezmeral Container Platform five users roles
– HPE Ezmeral Container Platform role is mapped to K8s role (RBAC)
• Session management
– User authenticated sessions
HPE Ezmeral Container Platform Storage
• Overall storage architecture
• Ephemeral storage
• Tenant share
• Application persistent storage
– Container migration
• FS mount/DTap management
• MapR management
• MapR terminology
• MapR services
• HPE Ezmeral Container Platform and MapR integration
• MapR Control System (MCS
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.