About this programme
Our Digital Marketing Modern Apprenticeship combines high quality classroom training and on-the-job experience to transform your apprentice into a skilled digital marketing professional.
The QA programme equips your apprentices with the real-world skills they need to tackle a varied and fast-paced role, helping your business thrive in the online marketplace.
Our programme combines technical skills training with marketing principles – getting your apprentice ready to take on the technical aspects of digital projects whilst understanding the marketing theory behind them.
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain the following qualification:
- Modern Apprenticeship including SQA Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF Level 6
Our programme Incorporates SCQF Level 6 Diploma in Digital Marketing. On successful completion of the programme the following qualifications are gained:
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Digital marketing and metrics tools including Google Analytics
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) and email marketing
- How to use industry-leading graphics and video editing tools from Adobe
Leading to empowering roles like:
- Social Media Marketer
- Communications Officer
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Website Administrator
We develop our programmes based on the needs of the growing Digital Marketing industry, and training units can be tailored to suit your business requirements.
As part of their programme apprentices will complete:
- 10 – 12 months duration including up to 6 weeks classroom training in the first 6 months, Assessor contact every 5 weeks, rotating between remote and face to face visits to support work based learning and assignments.
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Understanding Legal, Regulatory and Ethical Requirements in Sales or Marketing
- Using Collaborative Techniques
- Principles of Marketing and Evaluation
- Develop Own Professionalism
- Digital Metrics and Analytics
Optional Units to choose from
- Digital Marketing Principles
- Creative Business Skills (Adobe Workshops)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Email & Social Media Marketing
- Creative Content Skills
- Web Skills
- Website Software
- Search Engine Optimisation
For more information download the handout (link in right-hand side panel above).
NOTE: this programme is available in Scotland. Based in England? Click here (Digital Marketer Level 3)
To contact us for more information please fill in the form below.
Our Scottish apprenticeship programmes
Our programmes (Scotland)
Frequently asked questions
How do apprenticeships work?
Through a combination of virtual, tutor-led blended learning and workplace assignments supported by our assessor team, you’ll be learning in lots of different ways while continuing to carry out your day-to-day job role for your employer.
Who can do an apprenticeship?
Anyone aged 16 and over, regardless of background, school achievement or specific learning needs, can apply to be an apprentice in Scotland.
Who will support me on my apprenticeship?
You'll have a whole team behind you. We'll help you get the most out of your apprenticeship.
- Workplace support assessors
- Online tutors
- Your line manager
What will happen after I apply?
We’ll get in touch if it looks like you’re a match for the apprenticeship job. First, we’ll call to get to know you better. Tell us what you’re about, what your goals are. We’ll also get your details.
You’ll get a link to upload some important documents – to check you can do the apprenticeship you’ve applied for (proof of right to work in the UK, etc.) Don’t worry, it won’t take long.
When we have these, we’ll call on WhatsApp to check your ID.
Next, you’ll get a link to complete your profile. This bit is important – your profile is your opportunity to tell potential employers a bit about you. Your skills. Your passion. Why you want this apprenticeship.
We’ll keep in touch about the apprenticeship job you applied for. If any others come up that we think you’d like, we’ll let you know. If you’re keen, we’ll help you prep and we’ll set up that interview.
If all goes well… you’ll get the job. Then you just need to start planning for your first day. Hey presto.
If you’re applying for a job with one of our larger employers, you might be invited to an assessment day – or they might have other special steps to take. Don’t worry, we’ll give you all the details.