Delegates will learn how to
- Install Motherboards and Connectors
- Install System Devices
- Troubleshoot PC Hardware
- Comparing Local Networking Hardware
- Configure Network Addressing and Internet Connections
- Support Network Services
- Summarise Virtualisation and Cloud Concepts
- Support Mobile Devices
- Support Print Devices
- Topic 1A: Explain Cable Types and connectors
- Topic 1B: Install and Configure Motherboards
- Topic 1C: Explain Legacy Cable Types
- Topic 2A: Install and Configure Power Supplies and Cooling
- Topic 2B: Select and Install Storage Devices
- Topic 2C: Install and Configure System Memory
- Topic 2D: Install and Configure CPUs
- Topic 3A: Apply Troubleshooting Methodology
- Topic 3B: Configure BIOS/UEFI
- Topic 3C: Troubleshoot Power and Disk Issues
- Topic 3D: Troubleshoot System and Display Issues
- Topic 4A: Compare Network Types
- Topic 4B: Compare Networking Hardware
- Topic 4C: Explain Network Cable Types
- Topic 4D: Compare Wireless Networking Types
- Topic 5A: Compare Internet Connection Types
- Topic 5B: Use Basic TCP/IP Concepts
- Topic 5C: Compare Protocols and Ports
- Topic 5D: Compare Network Configuration Concepts
- Topic 6A: Summarise Services Provided by Networked Hosts
- Topic 6B: Compare Internet and Embedded Appliances
- Topic 6C: Troubleshoot Networks
- Topic 7A: Summarise Client-Side Virtualisation
- Topic 7B: Summarise Cloud Concepts
- Topic 8A: Set Up Mobile Devices and Peripherals
- Topic 8B: Configure Mobile Device Apps
- Topic 8C: Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Topic 8D: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.