The ability to communicate effectively is a key skill; communication and social interaction are fundamental to business success. This event is designed to develop your capability in delivering positive and persuasive communications in both the written and spoken form.
People often ask us:
- I struggle to get the response I want, is it the way I communicate my message?
- Why can't I always pick up on what others are trying to say?
- How do I enhance my communication skills so that my colleagues and managers value my input to discussions?
- Can I learn to adapt my communication style to best suit the situation and get better results?
This is an interactive course that requires effective communication throughout. We will work to enhance your skills - improve communication, improve relationships, improve results!
This course is for all levels and is ideal for anyone who wishes to enhance their communications skills.
Who will this course benefit?
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
You will learn how to:
- Explain in detail the process of communication
- Make the right impression first time
- Demonstrate key rapport building skills
- Utilise active listening skills
- Use advanced questioning techniques
- Modify your body language to support your message
- Recognise reactions and behaviours in others
- Manage your own reactions and behaviours
- Increase levels of assertion in both the spoken word and the written form
- Use the power of words in a positive way
- Demonstrate practical communications skills for organisational success
What will the course cover
- The impactful first impression
- The communication process and profile
- How we communicate and your thinking process
- Introduction to body language
- Building rapport using the communication triangle
- Active listening
- Communication filters
- Building rapport using matching and mirroring
- Questioning skills
- The power of words
- Congruence and ambiguity
- Redundant expressions and clichés
- Digital communications made easy
- Conference call etiquette
- 'Communicate!' business simulation
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.