The EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation certificate requires an overview of the field of cloud computing and its relationship with other areas of information management. The EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation course is preparation for the certification exam and covers the fundamental concepts of Cloud computing and understanding of the architecture, design, deployment of Cloud computing and its incorporation in the organization. Deliveries of this course include HP specific Cloud content, accredited by EXIN, which is not available from any other vendor delivering this course.
EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation is intended for everyone playing a role or having an interest in the use and management of internet based services. This includes staff from internal and external service providers, their customers, managers and auditors.
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain what cloud computing is
- Describe the main concepts from which cloud computing has developed
- Describe the Service Oriented Architecture and its relationship to cloud computing
- Identify the main drivers and limitations of cloud computing
- Describe the benefits and components of a local cloud environment
- Explain the levels of service management in a cloud environment
- Describe how to access cloud services
- Describe how cloud computing impacts business processes
- Identify benefits and risks of providing cloud services
- Describe security, privacy, and compliance issues in the cloud environment
- Describe costs and benefits of a cloud environment
- Describe how to evaluate potential cloud solutions
Module 0: Introduction
Module 1: The Principles of Cloud Computing
- The Concept of Cloud Computing
- The Evolution Toward Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Architectures
- Benefits and Limitations of Cloud Computing
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Cloud Computing
- Building a Local Cloud Environment
- Managing Cloud Services
Module 3: Using the Cloud
- Overview of Accessing the Cloud
- How Cloud Computing Can Support Business Processes
- Service Providers Using the Cloud
Module 4: Security and Compliance
- Security Risks and Mitigating Measures
- Managing Identity and Privacy
Module 5: The Business Case
- The Business Case for Cloud Computing
- Evaluating Implementations
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.