Designed for experienced IT professionals, you will learn to build and combine App Layers to optimize management of your app and desktop images and to implement Workspace Environment Management to improve log-on times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines.
You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 site.
This course is currently on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1903
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
- CWS-215-Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
Delegates will learn how to
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
- How to migrate to Workspace Environment Management
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
Module 1 Introduction to App Layering
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
Module 2 The OS Layer
- Creating an OS Layer
Module 3 The Platform Layer
- Creating a Platform Layer
Module 4 The App Layers
- Creating App Layers
Module 5 Creating Elastic App and User Layers
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
Module 6 Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
Module 7 Exploring Layer Priority
- Layer Priority
Module 8 Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
Module 9 Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
Module 10 Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Module 11 Using WEM for Performance Optimization
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Module 12 Using WEM to Secure Environments
- WEM Security Features
Module 13 Migrating and Upgrading WEM
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations