Who should attend?
Cloud Architects, Security Experts, and Network Administrators requiring in depth knowledge on CloudGuard Network Security products.
- Working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems, Certificate management, System administration, and Networking.
- Completed CCSE Training or Certification.
- Completed CCCS Training or Certification.
Delegates will learn how to
This course provides an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to deploy and manage CloudGuard Network and Cloud Security Posture Management security solution within Azure security environment.
- Discuss Azure Platform Components and their relationship to Check Point CloudGuard Network Security.
- Explain how to maintain a secure, efficient, and stable cloud environment.
- Describe the components and constraints of a hub and spoke cloud security environment.
- Describe the function of the Cloud Management Extension
- Explain the purpose of identity and access controls and constraints in different cloud platforms.
- Explain the steps required to configure Identity and Access controls in Azure.
- Describe the purpose and function of the CloudGuard Controller, its processes, and how it is tied to the Identity Awareness feature.
- Explain how to design and configure Cloud Adaptive Policies.
- Discuss the purpose and function of Data Center Objects.
- Describe the function and advantages of Cloud Service Provider (CSP) automation templates for instance and resource deployments.
- Explain how CSP templates can be used for maintenance tasks in the cloud environment.
- Discuss Third-Party Automation tools, how they can simplify deployment and maintenance tasks, and the constraints associated with them.
- Discuss Scaling Solutions and Options for Cloud Environments.
- Explain the Scaling Options in Azure.
- Describe the workflow for configuring scaling solutions in Azure.
- Discuss how ClusterXL operates and what elements work together to permit traffic failover.
- Explain how ClusterXL functions differently in a Cloud Environment.
- Describe how clusters are created and function in Azure.
- Discuss the elements involved in Hybrid Data Center deployments, the advantages of them, and the constraints involved.
- Explain the nature of a 'Greenfield' deployment, the advantages of it, and the constraints involved.
- Describe the components and constraint involved in deploying a Disaster
- Recovery Site in the cloud.
- Discuss the steps required for troubleshooting automation in Azure.
- Explain the steps required for troubleshooting Scaling Solution issues in Azure.
- Describe the steps required for troubleshooting clusters in Azure.
• Deploy a Security Management Server.
• Connect to SmartConsole.
• Configure Azure Active Directory and the Service Principle.
• Install the Cloud Management Extension.
• Configure the Cloud Management Extension.
• Configure the Access Control Policy.
• Assign the Service Principle.
• Create the CloudGuard Controller Object.
• Configure Access Control Policy with a Data Center Object.
• Deploy the Spoke vNets.
• Create the Spoke Route Table.
• Deploy Web Servers into the Spoke vNets.
• Deploy the Virtual Machine Scale Set.
• Assign the Service Principle to the VMSS Resource Group.
• Enable Indentity Awareness on the VMSS.
• Create Load Balancer Rules.
• Create vNet Peers.
• Create Web Server Access Control policy.
• Deploy the Azure High Availability Solution.
• Create the Cluster Object.
• Configure the vNet Peering.
• Create the Internal User Defined Routes.
• Create the Security Policy for Internal Traffic.
• Test the Internal Traffic.
• Troubleshoot the CloudGuard Controller.
• Debugs the CloudGuard Controller.
• Debug the Cloud Management Extension.
- Advanced Cloud Security
- Cloud Management
- Cloud Policy Design
- Advance Cloud Automation
- Scaling Solutions
- Use Cases
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.