This course provides an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to deploy and manage CloudGuard Network and Cloud Security Posture Management security solution within AWS security environment.
• Management Upgrade and Migration
• Management High Availability
• Security Gateway Upgrades
• Advanced Check Point Maintenance
• Security Gateway Operations
• Policy Installation
• Gaia and Management APIs
• Site-to-Site VPN
• Remote Access VPN
• Mobile Access VPN
• Advanced Logs and Monitoring
Cloud Architects, Security Experts, and Network Administrators requiring in depth knowledge on CloudGuard Network Security products.
- Working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems, Certificate management, System administration, and Networking.
- Completed CCSE Training or Certification.
- Completed CCCS Training or Certification.
Delegates will learn how to
• Provide an overview of the upgrade service and options available.
• Explain how to perform management upgrade and migration.
• Articulate the process using CPUSE features.
• Articulate the purpose and function of Management High Availability.
• Explain Primary vs Secondary, Active vs Standby and Synchronization.
• Explain disaster recovery steps in case the primary management server becomes unavailable.
• Provide overview of Central Deployment in SmartConsole.
• Articulate an understanding of Security Gateway cluster upgrade methods.
• Explain about Multi Version Cluster (MVC) upgrades.
• Discuss Gaia Commands and how they are used.
• Explain the main processes on s and s.
• Describe how to work with scripts and SmartTasks to configure automatic actions.
• Explain the Management Data Plane Separation (MDPS).
• Explain kernel operations and traffic flow.
• Articulate Dynamic and Updatable Objects in Security Gateways.
• Explain the policy installation flow and files used.
• Describe the use of policy installation history.
• Explain concurrent and accelerated install policy.
• Describe an overview of APIs and ways to use and authenticate.
• Explain how to make changes in GAIA and management configuration.
• Explain how to install policy using API.
• Explain how the SecureXL acceleration technology enhances and optimizes Security Gateway performance.
• Describe how the CoreXL acceleration technology enhances and improves Security Gateway performance.
• Articulate how utilizing multiple traffic queues can make traffic handling more efficient.
• Discuss Site-to-Site VPN basics, deployment and communities.
• Describe how to analyze and interpret VPN tunnel traffic.
• Explain Link Selection and ISP Redundancy options.
• Explain tunnel management features.
• Discuss Check Point Remote Access solutions and how they differ from each other.
• Describe how client security can be provided by Remote Access .
• Explain authentication methods including machine authentication.
• Explain Multiple Entry Point (MEP).
• Discuss the Mobile Access Software Blade and how it secures communication and data exchange during remote connections.
• Describe Mobile Access deployment options.
• Discuss various features in Mobile Access like Portals, Link Translation, running Native Applications, Reverse Proxy and more.
• Explain basic concepts of Clustering and ClusterXL.
• Explain about Cluster Control Protocol (CCP) and synchronization.
• Describe advanced ClusterXL functions and modes like Load Sharing, Active-Active, VMAC mode etc.
• Discuss Cluster Correction Layer (CCL) to provide connection stickyness.
• Advanced Logs and Monitoring
• Explain how to determine if the configuration is compliant with the best practices.
• Explain how to set action items to meet the compliance.
• Discuss how SmartEvent functions to identify critical security issues.
• Describe the components of SmartEvent and their deployment options.
• Discuss how SmartEvent can assist in reporting security threats.
• Explain how to customize event definitions and set an Event Policy.
• Prepare for a Security Management Server Upgrade
• Upgrade the Security Management Server
• Deploy a Secondary Security Management Server
• Configure a Distributed Log Server
• Upgrade a Security Gateway from SmartConsole
• Work with the Command Line
• Use Scripts and SmartTasks
• Configure Dynamic Objects
• Monitor Traffic
• Verify Policy Installation and Status
• Work with Gaia and Management APIs
• Work with Acceleration Features
• Configure a Locally Managed Site to Site VPN
• Configure a Site to Site VPN with an Interoperable Device
• Configure Remote Access VPN
• Configure Mobile Access VPN
• Configure a High Availability Cluster
• Work with ClusterXL
• Configure Policy Compliance
• Deploy SmartEvent
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.