Accessing your courseware and registering attendance with Microsoft
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the functionality of Windows PowerShell and use it to run and find basic commands.
- Identify and run cmdlets for local system administration.
- Work with the Windows PowerShell pipeline.
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage.
- Query system information by using WMI and CIM.
- Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
- Write basic scripts in Windows PowerShell.
- Administer remote computers with Windows PowerShell.
- Manage Azure resources with PowerShell.
- Manage Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell.
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.
- Windows PowerShell overview
- Understanding Windows PowerShell command syntax
- Find commands and getting help in Windows PowerShell
- Open and configure Windows PowerShell.
- Discover, learn, and run Windows PowerShell commands.
- Find Windows PowerShell commands for performing specific tasks.
- Active Directory Domain Services administration cmdlets
- Network configuration cmdlets
- Server administration cmdlets
- Windows PowerShell in Windows 10
- Identify and use cmdlets for AD DS administration.
- Identify and use cmdlets for network configuration.
- Identify and use cmdlets for server administration tasks.
- Install and use Windows PowerShell in Windows 10.
- Understand the pipeline
- Select, sort, and measure objects
- Filter objects out of the pipeline
- Enumerate objects in the pipeline
- Send and pass pipeline data as output
- Describe the purpose of the Windows PowerShell pipeline.
- Select, sort, and measure objects in the pipeline.
- Filter objects out of the pipeline.
- Enumerate objects in the pipeline.
- Send output consisting of pipeline data.
- Using PSProviders
- Using PSDrives
- Use PSProviders.
- Use PSDrives.
- Understand CIM and WMI
- Query data by using CIM and WMI
- Make changes by using CIM and WMI
- Differentiate between Common Information Model and Windows Management Instrumentation.
- Query management information by using CIM and WMI.
- Invoke methods by using CIM and WMI.
- Use variables
- Manipulate variables
- Manipulate arrays and hash tables
- Assign a value to variables.
- Describe how to manipulate variables.
- Describe how to manipulate arrays and hash tables.
- Introduction to scripting with Windows PowerShell
- Script constructs
- Import data from files
- Accept user input
- Troubleshooting and error handling
- Functions and modules
- Run a Windows PowerShell script.
- Use Windows PowerShell scripting constructs.
- Import data from a file.
- Obtain user input.
- Troubleshoot scripts and understand error actions.
- Create functions and modules.
- Use basic Windows PowerShell remoting
- Use advanced Windows PowerShell remoting techniques
- Use PSSessions
- Describe remoting architecture and security.
- Use advanced remoting techniques.
- Create and manage persistent remoting sessions.
- Azure PowerShell
- Introduce Azure Cloud Shell
- Manage Azure VMs with PowerShell
- Manage storage and subscriptions
- Use Azure Cloud Shell.
- Manage Azure VMs with PowerShell.
- Manage storage and subscriptions.
- Manage Microsoft 365 user accounts, licenses, and groups with PowerShell
- Manage Exchange Online with PowerShell
- Manage SharePoint Online with PowerShell
- Manage Microsoft Teams with PowerShell
- Manage Microsoft 365 user accounts, licenses, and groups with PowerShell.
- Manage Exchange Online with PowerShell.
- Manage SharePoint Online with PowerShell.
- Manage Microsoft Teams with PowerShell.
- Use background jobs
- Use scheduled jobs
- Create and use background jobs.
- Create and use schedules jobs.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.